Our Muskegon bakery has (2) Quality Assurance Specialist positions open. Afternoon shift (2pm-10pm) and Evening shift (10pm-6am). Great starting rate for someone looking to make BIG impact at our bakery. There is also a shift differential that applies to both of these positions and shifts!
• Fill the role of a teacher, coach, and expert to solve problems.
• Be able to understand and communicate customer requirements for all products.
• Monitor production activities to ensure all quality and food safety procedures are understood and are being followed.
• Troubleshoot quality and food safety concerns as they arise and assist Production Supervisors and Leads to resolve any issues.
• Able to demonstrate why product doesn’t meet the quality expectations through navigation and use of the SPC software
• Monitor and record GMP compliance, document and/or correct non-compliances.
• Assure that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute priority by setting an example.
• Look for and provide input for ways to improve processes.
• Have a generalized knowledge in all areas of the business.
• Have the ability to perform SPC audits including process path analysis, capability studies, and assist in training key operators on basic SPC principles
• Performing pre-op inspections
• Lead the weekly Food Safety Inspections.
• Lead investigation, assist in the development of root cause and corrective actions for assigned customer complaints.
• Conduct internal audits and document/report findings. Assist in the development of root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Assist in training new employees on GMPs, Allergen Program and other Quality and Food Safety procedures.
• Responsible for the control of hold products
• Able to verify the Certificate of Analysis (COA) are meeting the specifications of all raw materials and packaging.
• Perform product testing and evaluation studies.
• Monitor and record product quality to insure proper specifications including weight, size, color, etc.
• Quality Assurance: 2 years
• Food Manufacturing: 3 years
• Bilingual in Spanish a BIG PLUS!
Minimal Requirements for this position are:
• High school Diploma or the equivalent
• Ability to read and write in English for effective communication.
• Must be able to use thermometer, timer, caliper, pH meter, and other general tools associated with this position.
• Prior HACCP Training
• Foreign Material Control
• Exposure to Internal Audits
But first and foremost, we expect our future Team Members to have a great attitude, a willingness to learn and the desire to be part of Epi for many years to come.
• Consistent work with overtime
• Medical, Dental and Life insurance
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Holiday pay
• Ongoing Training for Advancement
• Generous Vacation Package