Objective of Position:
Responsible for inspecting products at various stages of the production process and compiling statistical data needed to comply with federal regulations and label specifications so as to maintain quality and reliability of products. Will advise Production Manager in all facets of position. Will comply with training and direction from Quality Assurance Manager and Production Manager.
List of Essential Functions:
- Set up and maintain blend ratios of product in production. Check net weight on packaged product.
- Prepare paperwork for all quality checks and maintain lab area and paperwork in an orderly fashion.
- Check quality of bulk and bulk pre-blend items prior to use in production and check grades.
- Conduct periodic checks during production process, including metal detectors, magnets, net weights, finished product, codes, product temperatures and overall package quality.
- Initiate "HOLD" procedure for placing product on hold. Paperwork and hold stickers must be filled out and applied at this time.
- Ensure production employees adhere to plant safety and sanitation procedures (hairnets, jewelry, candy or gum, hand washing, sanitary gloves) and maintain GMP standards.
- Communicate instructions with line leads and machine operators concerning adjustments and final packaging.
- Initiate start-up by dumping product in hoppers.
- Conduct Micro testing/ATP swabbing as instructed by Q.A. Manager.
- Inspect lines prior to start up for sanitation and communicate results to sanitation laborers.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures, which include SOP’s, Employee Handbook, Food Safety and Quality Procedures, Food Quality Policies, GMP Handbook, HACCP, and Pictsweet Safety Procedures