Chelten House - The Business
Chelten House Products, Inc. is a fourth-generation, family-owned, food industry manufacturer, with facilities in New Jersey, that is an industry leader known to be the total solution for food companies requiring private label, value-added quality sauces and dressings. Chelten House is widely recognized for its all natural and organic expertise and our commitment to creating and manufacturing the finest tasting pasta sauces, salad dressings, salsas, ketchups, mustards and host of other sauces and blends. We continually use the highest standards of Quality and Safety with the sole purpose of serving our customers with products that provide a value.
Chelten House - The People
The Chelten House Team radiates our commitment to our customers, demonstrated in our dedication to high-quality service and to high-level team work. Every team member contributes to our success with their "can-do" attitude, positive demeanor and their untiring work ethic to get the job done and get the job done well. We have a passion to be the best and actively demonstrating a genuine consideration for the work that we do, the customers we serve and the co-workers we work with every day. Our ultimate goal is to be the best business partner for everyone we come in contact with.
- Verify and assure all personnel are wearing appropriate uniforms, required safety items and hair/beard nets.
- Inspect all filling equipment for proper sanitation. Swab test when required. Record.
- Check freezer and cooler temperatures. Record. Report problems to maintenance.
- Inspect locker rooms for cleanliness and neatness. Assure materials are stocked.
- Disseminate necessary schedules and paperwork for the day. Prepare computers & carts.
- Verify the correctness of: glass, case, cap, celon and labels per schedule and packing slip. Check each batch and every 20 minutes for cap security/vacuum and continued accuracy.
- Verify with filler operator correct product, pack temperature and weight. Check each batch and every 20 minutes.
- Check all CCP#39;s as required.
- Input lot codes into bottle and case coders per schedule and packing slip. Verify on packaging. Check UPC symbols. Check each batch and every 20 minutes.
- Verify correct palletizing, tag information and label integrity at palletizer station.
- Immediately take action for ANY product or packaging falling out of specification. Place on hold any items not meeting the required specification and report to QC Manager.
- Collect 1 bottle of each ID## for comparison sample, 2 from each batch for 24 hour & retains.
- Collect customer required samples.
- Return carts, computers and 24 hour samples to lab when production is complete. Place retained samples in fenced retention area. Lock retention area and lab.
- Assist processing QC as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent; college degree preferred
- Quality Assurance/ Quality Control experience is required.
- Quality experience in a food manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- Must be detailed oriented and possess strong mathematical skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience using MS Office Suite
- Willingness to lead by example through actions and etiquette
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability be able to handle milk, egg, mustard, peanuts, fish, sulfites, sesame, soy, tree nuts, and wheat allergens