Initiate, implement and enforce Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs for maintaining best quality and safe food product by managing resources, quality and food safety activities in the plant. The candidate must possess good knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and quality control system, and basic knowledge of sanitation skills. Understands and communicates quality and food safety program and policies to promptly to Management, subordinates, peers and other managers as necessary. Possesses an ability to direct subordinates and conduct analytical practices to support quality processes and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Manage HACCP Program execution for Value-Added Products.
- Implement and communicate information on Food safety programs, manufacturing problems.
- Assist, as needed, on plant trials and new product launches.
- Responsible for assuring the finished product quality is consistent with specifications. Utilize the SOP’s to ensures that the plant operates in accordance with good manufacturing practices and are in compliance with federal and state regulatory policies and the products are processed per organicgirl standards.
- Identify food safety and process improvement ideas for implementation.
- Implement quality control processes and procedures for evaluating and receiving food components from suppliers.
- Help as needed to investigate customer complaint issues and implement corrective action in the plant with timely responses and solutions.
- Responsible for training and development of staff and plant employees to organicgirl procedures, policies, GMPs.
- Manage QA and Sanitation staff in regards, time scheduling, OT management, time off scheduling, ADP management, dispute resolution, interview for open QA positions and assist in hiring decisions, safety and illness reports.
- Ensures that all product files are kept up to date on each product and programs.
- Identify workplace safety hazards and develop ideas and solution to correct promptly.
- Manage daily sanitation and pest control activities.
- Participate in production improvement projects.
- Coordinate with operational plan to reduce overall customer complaints on product produced on each shift.
- Ability to design data collection formats, ensure data is collected accurately and design reports that are statistically sound.
- Other assignments to be determine.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Directly supervises QA technicians and Day time sanitation, two crew leaders, and indirectly distribution.
- AS degree in food science or agricultural science. Bachelor’s degree preferred and a background in microbiology a plus.
- Two (2) years of experience in food manufacturing, preferably in fresh cut produce or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Working knowledge of suite of Microsoft programs such as, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Literate in English and Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents including SOPs, GMPs, and policies.
- The candidate should be able to write legibly and effectively to management.
- Ability to calculate proportions, percentages, and volume. Statistical analysis preferred.
- Must be able to apply concepts of high school mathematics aptitude testing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists is required.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to organize time, schedule and work on simultaneous projects.
- Valid driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Position does require frequent travel and frequent weekend work. This position requires relocation to other plant site locations for specific periods of time.
- Monday – Friday with Saturdays as required, 40+ hours per week.
- Advanced to Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Working knowledge of Suite of Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
Department: QA & Food Safety
This is a management position
This is a full-time position