Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
The QA Supervisor will perform process checks throughout the production, packaging, sanitation and warehouse functions of the company. Perform quality assurance activities such as internal audits, GMP inspections, recommending corrective actions, place nonconforming products on hold, research and reports all findings within a fast-paced food manufacturing environment. The QA Supervisor is responsible to maintain a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards. The QA Supervisor will be proactive to ensure Federal and State compliance of the facility.
Daily Quality Assurance Duties
- Serves as the site’s PCQI when QA Manager is not present.
- Sets a positive example by always following all safety and GMP requirements as well as enforcing all company food safety rules and GMPs.
- Regular communication and interaction with manufacturing/production employees.
- Maintain strict allergen segregation in facility.
- Perform pre-op audit whenever necessary.
- Communicates product quality issues to production managers, supervisors, leads and employees as needed.
- Supports management team with ongoing projects as needed.
- Daily FIFO inventory monitoring.
Documentation Review & Investigation
- Develops and maintains labels in accordance with customer and regulatory labeling requirements. Including nutritional Information, ingredient listing and allergen claims using Genesis. Accurately ensures correct label content.
- Perform labeling and lot coding verification to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures proper sanitizing procedures (SSOPs) are being performed and documented.
- Perform documentation review for HACCP documentation and production batch records for accuracy and compliance to food safety program.
- Assist in investigate customer complaints and any product nonconformance investigations.
Food Safety System Oversight
- Participate in mock recalls.
- Conduct verification and calibration of all testing equipment (thermometers and scales).
- Maintain records of environmental sampling, finished goods testing, raw ingredients, and packaging inspections.
- Assist QA Manager with compliance for 3rd party audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Food Service, Food Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Conversational English / Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Computer Skills & Data Processing skills required.
- Knowledge of current FDA standards and FSMA regulations required.
- Knowledge of current Food Safety Programs (HACCP principals, GMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control & Recall programs).
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Experience with ERP and/or Genesis R&D software a plus.
- HACCP & PCQI certification required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
Traits of a successful candidate:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Has a desire for continuous learning and growth
- Highly motivated, able and willing to exercise initiative
- Trend Spotter
- Has a strong set of technology skills
- Strong knowledge of food safety and best practices
- Strong understanding of SQF and/or Food Safety Program standards
- Stong understanding of labeling laws and guidelines
- High overall perceived value of quality
- Works inter-departmentally
During the course of the day, employee may be required to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and walk during the day. Continuous use of arms, hands, to use computer keyboard and mouse. Occasionally bends at the waist and reaches above head.
- Safe non-slip shoes or boots
- Hairnet and/or Beard Net if applicable (Company supplied)
- Apron or Smock (Company supplied)
The employee’s work environment is considered to be a combination of normal office temperature-controlled environment and light manufacturing. Often the employee will be exposed to the following conditions in manufacturing where the noise level is moderate. The employee may be exposed to working in an environment that contains or has exposure to milk, eggs, tree nuts, wheat, chocolate, peanuts and soybean products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens.