Job Posting Title:
Quality Assurance Supervisor
This position is responsible for supporting the Quality Department and daily execution of relevant quality processes and procedures. Coordinates with production in the monitoring of all phases of pretzel production. Maintains close report with production, maintenance and Warehouse to identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality. Supports product quality surveillance of manufacturing areas including HACCP monitoring.
Ensures the safety, quality, and regulation of all products produced. Responsible for inspections of processes, employee training, compliance with applicable food laws and regulations. Identifies best lab practices and provides guidance and adherence to quality policies/procedures. Actively participates in resolving customer complaints.
This position reports to the Quality Manager.
Responsible for ensuring all laboratory work is defined and executed to meet employee safety, food safety, quality, GMP, and regulatory standards. As well as reporting any concerns to the appropriate personnel. Responsible for reviewing, developing and implementing Plant Specific Laboratory Procedures and supporting SOPs. Supports the Quality Manager in leading the plant#39;s efforts to maintain SQF certification. Actively supports initiatives to maintain compliance with Food Safety requirements, regulatory compliance and company policies/procedures. Assist Quality Manager with Regulatory audits, 3rd part audits, and Customer visits as needed. Represents the Food Safety and Quality group as needed on special projects and process improvement efforts. Provides back up support in the absence of the Quality Manager. Work with operations leading the Quality investigations when deviations are identified in the Plant. Inform management of ANY Food Safety or Quality issues or of any process which becomes non-compliant with specified requirements. Performs PCQI documentation review for plant production when needed. Maintain and update the plant product specification database as needed. Supervises Quality Team Leads and Quality Assurance Technicians. Completes QA project data collection, data entry, report generation, etc. Assist during the investigation of consumer/costumer complaints Provides support to Research and Development and operations during trials, scale up and roll out of new products or processes. Assist in development of plant specific food safety and quality training programs, provides training for all employees as required and ensures employee understanding of training through verification of activities. Participate in plant continuous Improvement initiatives - TMOS activities.
Troubleshoots problems and implements corrective actions through root cause analysis. Works closely with Operation Teams to create a Quality work culture. Facilitates and reacts to non-routine and crisis situations. Adhere to all site safety guidelines. Assigned other miscellaneous QA duties, plant-wide, on an as-needed basis. Remains current on technology and business process trends as it relates to quality. Responsible for maintaining Food Safety and Food Quality programs, policies/procedures. Travels as required by the position
Supervises Quality Team Lead
Supervises the Quality Assurance Technicians.
Coaches employees that are not meeting their performance goals and rewards employees for good performance.
Approves employee vacation forms.
Issues discipline, attendance warnings and terminations in a timely manner.
Other duties as assigned as requested by manager.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food, Biological or Chemical Science or related field or equivalent of years of experience and training.
- Two (2+) years of food industry experience in quality assurance, operations or equivalent function knowledge of food safety, food manufacturing processes, technologies or other relevant area of responsibility
- Relevant experience with government regulatory requirements in food processing
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity in using continuous improvement tools and fundamentals
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and prioritize one#39;s own time consistent with the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA requirements/standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable of aseptic processing and packaging, CIP & SIP systems, and process system validation.
- Project manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of six sigma or lean manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of SAP
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage professional people, work with operations management and interact with executive level management.
- Competency in the English language (read, write, speak)
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.