Please Only Apply If You Posess = 4 year B.S. Degree Required, in either Food Science, Meat Science, or Animal Science
Salary range: $50,000 - $80,000year (Depedent on Experience)
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor (Management Trainee)
Reports To: Food Safety / Quality Assurance Manager
Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Greeley, CO
Company Summary: Our client is a specialty protein manufacturer in the pet food industry. This company processes various meat proteins in-house and are then sent in either a fresh or frozen form to a number of plants around the country where they are then processed.
Job Summary: Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance programs designed to ensure safe and quality production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through the Quality Assurance Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to companypolicies and goals.
• Writes and reviews SOPs for quality and food safety initiatives.
• Interprets quality assurance philosophy to key personnel in organization.
• Reviews all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
• Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
• Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
• Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
• Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
• Plays an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
• Designs and implements quality assurance training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
• Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
• Verify accuracy of records and documents within the company system.
• Evaluates and implements any changes to the HACCP Program.
• Preforms gap analysis and internal audits.
• Helps prepare company for customer audits.
• Actively promotes the production of safe quality meat proteins by participating in food safety and quality improvement meetings or teams.
• Responding to food safety issues or quality issues of customers, as requested.
• Monitoring the GMP state of the facility and employees and taking corrective actions as necessary.
• Research + development projects
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in quality assurance experience in the food industry
• Minimum of 2 years in a leadership or supervisory role in a food production facility.
• 4 year B.S. Degree in either Food Science, Meat Science, or Animal Science
• Working knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, USDA regulations and SOP’s required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word programs
• HACCP Certification
• Food Safety Training
• Experience with databases, traceability programs and web based applications
• Research + Development experience
• Bilingual in Spanish and English
Certificates and Licenses:
Not required, however helpful:
• HACCP Certification
• Knowledge of SQF systems
rectly supervises 4-6 employees in the Laboratory. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.