Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Independently implements programs within given functional area of the food safety and quality group under limited supervision. Responsible for supporting the implementation of relevant processes and procedures, and the daily execution of activities related to their functional area.
- Gathers and studies data to understand trends and issues in order to provide input to decisions related to product safety and quality in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Assists or supervises others in the organization within assigned technical areas of responsibility.
- Provides technical and decision-making support and/or data analysis in managing situations and issues relative to quality and/or food safety.
- Collaborates and provides technical support to appropriate functions and employees to assure, food safety and quality of company products.
- Gauges and evaluates effectiveness and assure continuous improvements in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Designs and implements processes and procedures within assigned technical area(s) of responsibility.
- Participates on cross functional teams to assure effective implementation and adherence of QA initiatives and process improvement of our suppliers, under limited supervision.
- Performs assigned technical tasks/duties associated with department processes and procedures.
- Interfaces/provides technical support to appropriate functions and employees to assure regulatory compliance, food safety and quality of company products.
- Interfaces with company facilities to facilitate an ongoing effective relationship with packaging material suppliers.
- Evaluates effectiveness and assures continuous improvement in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates outside of FPRA organization to drive efficiencies and effectiveness with regards to food safety and quality.
- BS in Food, Biological or Chemical Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience required.
- Knowledge of food safety, food manufacturing processes, technologies or other relevant area of responsibility.
- Sound report writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements in food packaging (GFSI, FSMA, FDA, USDA)
- Demonstrated strength in setting an example for others.
- Troubleshooting, data analysis, and investigative skills required.
- Ability to cover off shifts and weekends for direct reports as needed
Physical Requirements (optional)
- Ability to sit, walk and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders on a regular basis
- Pushing/pulling various plant materials and/or equipment
- Will maneuver in cramped/confined spaces
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for up to 8 hours per work day to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, slippery conditions, dirt, fumes, smoke, smells and allergies
- Frequent bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely around machinery
- Driving a company or rental vehicle for up to 8 hours if needed
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.