Position Description: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Shift, Archbold OH
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
Positions Supervised: Shift sanitation & QA
Department: Quality Assurance
- Supervises four shift sanitation personnel and three QA personnel. Ensures acceptable work performance, employee development and takes appropriate disciplinary action within constraints of labor contract.
- Manages the establishment’s HACCP program and pre-requisite programs during first shift operations, to include pre-shipment reviews of HACCP records, performance of pre-operational inspections, operational inspections and validation of HACCP checks. Knowledge of food plant sanitation preferred.
- Interacts with USDA regulatory personnel assigned to the plant to resolve any regulatory issues noted during the shift.
- Serves on the company’s HACCP Team, Recall Committee and other committees as assigned.
- Monitors & verifies the establishment’s SPC program for product component weights and net weights. Prepares daily reports for management on SPC results.
- Performs other job related duties as needed or directed.
- Hours may vary depending upon need which may include weekends.
Required Skills, Education & Knowledge:
- Degree in science, Food Science, Microbiology or similar education preferred. (Good hands-on experience will be considered)
- Documented training in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point programs, preferably in a USDA inspected facility.
- Excellent communications skills, ability to communicate effectively with direct reports, peers and senior management.
- Familiarity with common business software programs such as Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Excellent computer skills.