We are looking to fill a Quality Assurance position to verify the quality of Bragg’s Live Products. We are seeking an individual who will work as an integral part of the Technical team and liaison with our partner facility’s Quality departments. Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the individual will ensure the quality of Bragg’s Live Products through visiting vendor sites and completing Q/A audits/testing. He/she will maintain the Finished Good Specification and Product standards through appropriate documentation. Previous experience in the food industry is a must, preferred experience on Quality Assurance department. A bachelor#39;s degree in Food Science, Food Chemistry or Microbiology highly desirable. Equivalent experience considered.
PURSPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Along with other department members, develop required documentation for product verification.
- Ensure Bragg quality and food safety standards are met.
- Ensure transparency in production, quality and food safety procedures at supplier and copacker facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exchange information jointly with NPD and vendors in the development of finished product specifications that can be used by the vendor during production of Bragg products.
- Responsible for ensuring raw material and finished product conformance to specifications are followed by raw suppliers and finished product processors via site audits.
- Validate Bragg specification standards by inspecting incoming raw materials or finished products at the vendor facility. Work with vendor in troubleshooting out of specification product.
- Ensure vendors supply appropriate follow up to product complaints. Review and update through internal tracking system.
- Collect, track and trend vendor performance.
- Review for appropriateness and verify that Bragg food safety programs are followed when producing. Such programs include: allergen control, foreign material control, finished product evaluation, net weight compliance, mock recall performances etc.
- Verify vendors adhere to regulatory programs when producing Bragg products (HACCP, SSOPs, labeling, Pathogen control, etc.)
- Maintain food safety complaint rate statistics by vendor.
- Communicate with vendors on improvements to programs or audit scores where necessary and assist with corrective action program development.
- Verify traceability compliance of raw materials through vendor record keeping documents and raw material verification at site visits.
- Help to develop and verify Bragg partner approval program to ensure all new Bragg processors are appropriately qualified. Report findings to Quality Assurance Manager.
- Work alongside processor in identifying and preventing quality problems.
- Communicate with the new product development team to ensure initial product runs are coordinated and meet Bragg specifications.
- Review appropriate documentation to ensure that all partners have annual GMP audits.
- Support strategic initiatives as outlined by QA Manager. Establish partnerships with other departments to support team objectives;
- Performs related Q/A duties and administrative functions as needed.
- Keep abreast of Bragg software applications.
College degree or equivalent work experience in food science, biology, chemistry etc. 1 to 3 years in food industry with Quality Assurance experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work well in teams, demonstrated technical aptitude and a strong work ethic. Good organizational and self-management skills. Background in auditing helpful. Capable of maintaining professional respectful relationship with vendor staff. Ability to work independently and to be a self-starter.
Must be able to lift 25 lb (Notification required due to the Americans with Disabilities Act).
Be able to travel overnight frequently (>30%).