Quality Assurance Manager Position Summary:
The Quality Assurance Manager is the food safety coordinator and quality advocate for the assigned facility. Key drivers are supporting the quality control function within the company while ensuring policies like Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are executed. The position requires knowledge of quality methods, techniques, and equipment. The QA Manager must have or achieve within a reasonable timeframe certification in SQF, HACCP, and PCQI. The role reports to the Quality Assurance Director.
Quality Assurance Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Quality Director in developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and company programs.
- Provide leadership on quality and food safety programs.
- Ensure product is processed to company HACCP/HARPC programs.
- Responsible for informing Quality Assurance Management of ANY Food Safety.
- Ability to implement and manage food safety corrective actions.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF System
- Ensure training of facility personnel on GMPs, pre-requisite programs, and other applicable food safety system elements as required.
- Maintain document registers and documentation.
- Aid in hosting visitors or function as the main contact to the facility during regulatory agency audits, customer audits, and third-party audits.
- Site SQF Practitioner.
Quality Assurance Manager REQUIRED Job Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years QA experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry
- Leadership/Management experience
- Good computer skills including Word and Excel. Experience with Access desired
- Extreme detail orientation and thoroughness
- Must be flexible with work schedule to meet the needs of operations
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill with internal and external customers
- Leadership – the ability to command and maintain attention of those you are overseeing
- Effective communication – the ability to convincingly convey instructions, directions, and details to others
- Experience – knowledge of OSHA and other governmental regulations; incident and accident prevention
- Attention to detail – the ability to manage all duties, rules, documentation, and other components of the job with focus and accuracy
- Confidentiality – the ability to protect data, information, and employee privacy
- Compassion – the ability to be concerned for another person’s well being
- Organization – an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Collaborative – an ability to work with diverse personalities for a tangible and beneficial outcome
Quality Assurance Manager PREFERED Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree
- Prior manufacturing experience, preferably food manufacturing
- Quality Assurance Certification in SQF, HACCP, and PCQI
Quality Assurance Manager Working Conditions & Environment:
- This position will be performed both within our office environment and our production floor which is a wet/cold environment.