Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Quality Assurance Manager. This role will be based in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As part of the management team, the Quality Assurance Manager develops and implements quality assurance strategies, programs, policies and procedures to ensure the highest levels of food quality. The Quality Assurance Manager communicates quality assurance vision to the department, manages quality assurance functions and staff, makes decisions on workforce planning, ensures products are manufactured on a timely basis within quality assurance specifications.
- Manages quality assurance functions, works with other members of the management team to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all product and process quality parameters and standards including formulations, specifications, approved methods, procedures, practices and systems to guarantee absolute product wholesomeness.
- Participates in Customer complaint investigations
- Participates in performance of daily product cuttings.
- Foreign matter/ metal monitoring and investigations
- Ensures consistent product quality, integrity and conformance from raw material to finished product shipment by generating procedures and quality specifications
- Conducts shelf-life studies on new and existing products in conjunction with R&D
- Works in partnership with Food Safety Manager and Vendor Assurance Manager
- Organizes and conducts employee training in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, SQF and any necessary trainings that affect product safety and quality
- Works with Director of QA & Food Safety to develops policies, procedures and training programs
- Develops Quality Assurance and Food Safety personnel in their job functions.
- Involvement in new hire process and ensuring implementation of new hire training.
- Deliver quarterly and annual performance reviews for QA Supervisors
- Coach and mentor QA Supervisors frequently and in a timely manner in leading their respective teams.
- Works with Director of QA & Food Safety to create career development plans for QA staff
- As QA technical resource for company initiatives, work on cross-functional projects including involvement with Continuous Improvement (CI) team to develop solutions that will drive the company's goals and objectives.
- Work with Sanitation team to ensure program compliance.
- Ensures plant and product conformance to third party audit standards such as GFSI's SQF - which include preparation and employee awareness training for audits.
- Be a Lead SQF Practitioner with Director of QA & Food Safety, and Food Safety Manager as back-ups.
- Ability to implement new programs as required by Management.
- Interacts with the FDA and USDA Regulators as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of QA& Food Safety or Management.
- Demonstrates and reinforces HPT behaviors in the department and organization.
- In his/her absence, the Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety will perform his/her responsibilities or delegate to a QA designate
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or another related field required
- Five to eight years of food industry managerial experience (meat industry highly preferred)
- Working knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS), Total Quality Management (TQM) a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Occasional travel required
- Must be personally committed to and actively work on continuous self-improvement (reading, coaching, attending seminars, courses, conferences)
- Available to work weekends and off-hours to support the department and the company at large.
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; must have good vision. Must be comfortable walking for extended periods of time and climbing stairs.
- Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.