Currently actively seeking a skilled Quality Manager located in Howell, MI.
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: General Manager
SUPERVISES: Up to 4 Directly
As a member of the plant leadership team, the Quality Manager partners with the operations and commercial teams to ensure we produce and deliver corrugated sheets that meet our customer’s needs. This is accomplished through the application of the BRC-certified Food Safety and Quality Management System. The ability to partner effectively with the leadership team and facility employees at all levels through data-based decision making and strategic planning are essential to the success of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement to improve process control, quality yields and reduce defects through the Food Safety/Quality Management System.
• Lead quality process improvements within the facility through the application of data-based decision making; baselining, target setting, and iterative improvement.
• Interface with internal and external customers to assure quality expectations are met.
• Lead quality training initiatives for employees.
• Facilitate verification, communication, and goal setting routines under the BRC framework.
• Assure vendors are meeting our material specifications through the Supplier Approval Program
• Develop, improve, guide organization on annual Management Reviews of Quality through strategic reporting and continuous evaluation of KPIs and their value to the organization.
• Be part of the leadership team that drives safety performance within the facility.
• Administer corporate computer systems including ERP, QMS and LMS systems management.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Experience with third-party quality audits
• Experience with internal certifications of manufacturing systems
• HAACP Certification
• Experience with British Retail Consortium (BRC) or other GFSI recognized schemes
• Root cause analysis and cause mapping experience
• Experience with managing and maintaining customer relations through written follow up and onsite visits.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• At least three (3) years of experience managing quality and process improvements within a manufacturing or production environment.
• Experience with Quality Management Systems.
• Experience with Learning Management Systems.
• Six Sigma Belt Certification.
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
• PET blow molding packaging industry experience.
• Statistical Process Control experience.
• Previous supervisory experience including People Development and Succession Planning.
• Demonstrated behavior-based training skills with measures of success.
The above requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Works in clean manufacturing and warehouse environment that may include moderate noise levels. Ability to handle up to 50 lbs. This position requires a 40-hour workweek with possible occasional overtime.