Plans, directs, and controls all activities for the Quality function within the plant. Develops and implements effective quality and food safety systems. Monitors product and process activities including plant sanitation and good manufacturing practices to ensure conformance to Dairy Maid Dairy and regulatory standards. Tracks trends, develops preventative systems and solutions, and takes appropriate corrective actions as necessary when issues arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements and maintains food safety & quality assurance programs. Develops and leads implementation of technical plans, clearly defining the critical issues and approach to be used in resolving food safety issues.
- Ensures that facility and products meet and maintain all required company, customer and regulatory guidelines.
- Leads and participates in all regulatory, third party and customer audits and inspections. Seeks to establish constructive working relationships with inspectors and auditors.
- Monitors plant sanitation and good manufacturing practices daily so that high standards of sanitation are maintained. Works with Plant Manager or designate to resolve issues.
- Evaluates daily production samples to ensure that products meet food safety & quality standards.
- Leads consumer and customer complaint follow-up process for the facility.
- Monitors incoming raw materials to ensure that they meet specifications and works with suppliers and corporate purchasing department for issue resolution.
- Conducts monthly plant and warehouse inspections.
- Trains and supervises laboratory personnel and laboratory testing to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Keeps Director of Quality Assurance informed of activities that may require his/her attention.
- Coaches and partners with direct reports to effectively manage performance. Communicates company and cascading goals and assists in establishing goals that align with department and company goals. Provides on-going performance feedback following Performance Management process. Actively works with direct reports to cultivate capabilities and utilize strengths.
- Performs other responsibilities as determined by business needs.