Location: Bowling Green, KY
Description: Our food manufacturing client is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for their plant in the Bowling Green, KY area. This position is the top Quality Assurance technical expert at the plant, so you should be comfortable leading and assessing the total FSQA situation throughout the facility. You will be responsible for creating and improving existing quality systems, training materials, safety procedures. This is a large food manufacturing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement!
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage all QA staff including 2 Supervisors and between 15-20 QA Techs
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP, SQF, GFSI support programs
- Works hand in hand with plant management to make recommendations and decisions involving FSQA issues and quality issues. These decisions will have significant potential business impact to corporate and plant management, so an understanding of the business side is necessary
- Creates and executes programs, policies, procedures, and work instructions for quality and food safety assessment and improvement
- Coordinates plant FSQA audits (internal and third party). Works with plant manager to assign audit responsibilities to various members of the plant team
- Serves as a key technical resource in plant and as a liaison between corporate R&D, Tech Services and plant operations
- Resolves non-conformance issues/quality problems at plant facilities, warehouses, and in the market.
- Works with plant management team to develop corrective action plans and communicates plans to QA management, sales, marketing, and the customer as appropriate
- Recommends and/or develops orientation and training programs for quality, food safety, GMP training.
- Assist members of the plant team in training as appropriate.
- Trains and instructs plant employees in recommended quality assurance testing and general housekeeping practices and advises on equipment sanitation; confirms these procedures are being maintained
- Reports on key Quality Indicators to plant and corporate management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in food related discipline
- 5 or more years as a QA supervisor/Manager in a food manufacturing facility
- LEAN/Six sigma experience is preferred
- SQF practitioner, PCQI certified is always a plus
- Proven history of leading and motivating a team
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com