Quality Assurance Manager
What is cooking with us?
- We believe that kitchens and dining rooms should be filled with food people love to make and love to eat, and that#39;s exactly why we#39;re helping to create A WORLD FULL OF MEALTIME VICTORIES.
- With manufacturing facilities in beautiful Southeast Idaho, family-owned Basic American Foods is the market leader because we want to HELP PEOPLE SERVE GREAT FOOD to as many people as possible.
Are you the perfect blend of leader & achiever that motivates others to accomplish goals as a team?
- Our Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and administration of food safety, GMP practices, food quality, as well as the development of the laboratory and laboratory personnel within the facility by creating, where necessary, and maintaining all laboratory functions and quality management systems. The incumbent is expected to have intimate knowledge of laboratory GMP practices and procedures, production process, and be actively engaged in improving laboratory and production efficiencies.
What will you do?
- Must be intimately involved and responsible for securing all aspects of food safety from ingredients received to the production and shipment of food from the facility and ensuring HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices are met. The root cause of instances of food safety deficiencies are to be determined and resolved as quickly as possible. Determining the triggers that interfere with food safety and developing predictors that eliminate the risk are key to maintaining Food Safety. Acts as the primary facility contact for USDA and FDA personnel to resolve issues and maintain constructive relationships. Keeping all regulatory documentation organized, accurate, and available is essential. Achieving a passing score on customer, third party, and regulatory audits is required by maintaining constant audit readiness. The person in this position is responsible to see that corrective actions of all deficiencies identified by an audit are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistently met. The incumbent is responsible for identifying process locations and attributes that can be used to predict quality and use process attributes to maintain consistency and reduce the need for finished product testing. Finished product quality attributes with targets and ranges are to be identified and set while considering process capability. Supporting specification changes and test procedures are to be published in a timely manner. Challenging quality specification and production capability becomes a normal routine. Identifying and resolving the issues arriving from customer complaints is a primary responsibility. The root cause of customer complaints is identified and resolved within the timeframe of the Customer Complaint policy
- Set an example of leadership by the ongoing coaching, development, and training of all plant employees, the Laboratory staff and others, that perform food safety and quality related tasks. Development of the QA laboratory and personnel performing these tasks is key to maintaining Food Safety/GMP, food quality, and the longevity of the QA Department. Collection of data needed to make Food Safety and Food Quality decisions needs to be well thought out, correct, complete, and presented in a manner that facilitates evaluation and conclusion. Lab data needs to be stored in the prescribed corporate database. Where appropriate the Lab needs to be set up to do routine microbiological testing and personnel need to be trained to achieve accurate and consistent microbiological results.
- Efficiency of operation extends beyond that of the Laboratory. Must have intimate knowledge of laboratory and production processes and actively engaged in evaluating processes within the facility to remove waste and reduce cost. The expertise of the incumbent should be sought out by Operations to evaluate and resolve issues.
What do you need?
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Should have knowledge of Accounting; Database; Human Resource systems; Internet; Inventory; Manufacturing; Project Management; Spreadsheet; Word Processing; and Product Lifecycle software.
- HACCP Certification
- SQF Practitioner Certification
- PCQI Certification
This position is located in Shelley, Idaho. Our skyline consists of the majestic Teton Mountain Range, and in our backyard, is the world#39;s most famous park - Yellowstone.
- About Basic American Foods
- Basic American Foods is supplying important and innovative food to America and beyond. From our humble beginnings with a vision of moving excess food from California to the East Coast, we are now a critical supplier in the food service industry with shelf-stable potatoes and beans. (What is food service? Think restaurants, cafeterias or many places you buy a cooked meal!) We are also an innovator in the Health and Wellness space with our Modern Table brand bringing healthy, yummy and easy meals to everyday life.
Why work for Basic American Foods?
- This position is in beautiful Southeastern Idaho, we are a family-owned, family-friendly and growing company that highly values our employees and innovation. We are growing both our established business as well as in the Consumer and Health & Wellness space to be an innovator and leader. This growth will give you challenging opportunities as well as the ability to grow your career. Additionally, as a medium-sized business the contributions you make are much more visible and impactful. Our size also allows us to be more flexible with career interests. It is an exciting time to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Company Website: www.baf.com