World Class Organization and Leader in their Industry! Relocation Assistance, 401K, Paid holidays, Vacation, Benefits
POSITION PURPOSE: Quality Assurance Manager - Kentucky Manufacturing Site
To administer Plant and Corporate Quality control programs. Must ensure Plant goals are achieved for quality systems, product safety, sanitation, lab services, personnel development, operational and customer satisfaction.
NATURE AND SCOPE; Food Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager reports directly to the Director of Quality
SUMMARY: The Quality Manager performs all functions needed to maintain quality management system, food safety, and programs which assure a foundation for product excellence and provide a basis for long-term continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Formulate, direct, and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the quality assurance department.
- Hire and train new employees in food safety, quality assurance and quality control activities.
- Manage internal and external auditing of quality systems.
- Oversee the resolution of non-conforming areas.
- Audit company policies, procedures, and systems that affect product quality to assure compliance with the company’s quality system and good manufacturing processes. Prepare documents and reports.
- Work with production personnel in an advisory role to assist them with quality issues within their departments.
- Provide quality training to production employees.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product quality problems by researching problems, analyzing data, and developing solutions to problems.
- Oversee analytical work done at each step of the production process to assure that quality control standards are maintained.
- Develop lab and plant specifications for each product.
- Provide technical support to customers and assist in the resolution of problems.
- Conduct analytical testing to determine the solution.
- Review and approve the purchase of lab supplies and equipment.
- Ensure completion of preventative maintenance and repairs of laboratory instrumentation.
- Supervise employees engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Hire, train, monitor, and assist employees.
- Enforce company policies, establish performance standards, and evaluate employee status.
- Maintain and manage the FDA SSOP programs and review daily documentation generated to assure regulatory and specification compliance.
- Oversee plant sanitation and pest control programs. Ensure compliance with HACCP, process and quality SOPs, and adherence to GMP standards.
- Interface with third party auditors, Kosher Council, and county, state, and federal agencies as pertains to audits, GMP, HACCP, regulatory, quality, and food safety issues.
- Responsible for Food Quality, Safety and Legality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 plus years of Quality Assurance experience in the food industry.
- 3 years experience in Managerial or equivalent role.
- Bachelors Degree in food science or chemistry preferred
- Experience in Shelf Stable, High Acid and Low Acid thermally processed foods
- Have knowledge in laboratory testing procedures including chemical, microbiology, and basic instrument testing as well as sensory analysis. Must posses the ability to work with all levels of employees in various functions within the organization.
- Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Keywords: Quality Control Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Technical Manager, Technical Manager, Food Manufacturing, FSMA, GFSI, Sanitation Manager, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Quality Assurance Specialist, HAACP, GMP's, SOP's, Shelf Stable, High Acid, Low Acid, Thermal Processing,