For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Plan, coordinate, and direct Quality compliance staff and department to ensure compliance to third party audit requirements, federal and state regulations, customer requirements, and internal company policies and procedures. Achieve department goals by direct involvement, through management of subordinates, and collaboration with other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the department and direct supervision of staffing, this includes but is not limited to hiring, training, evaluating performance, disciplinary, wage review, and scheduling or directing the work.
- Mentor and develop staff to ensure they have the proper skills and knowledge to effectively perform the required duties and deliver the required results.
- Maintain and improve the quality and safety of the products produced at the LSFI and NIFI facilities.
- Ensures compliance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Lab Procedures (GLP), Safety policies, Regulatory requirements and Company Expectations.
- Work directly with Plant Manager and Corporate Quality Assurance office.
- Work with other managers and supervisors in the Plant to improve overall process.
- Ensure that work is completed timely, efficiently, and that it meets optimal quality standards.
- Conduct work in a safe manner and abide by all company safety policies. Ensure staff are using safe practices and wearing personal protective equipment.
- Anticipate, trouble shoot, and resolve problems and issues with employees and or instruments quickly.
- Certified to sign off on all quality documentation at the facility.
- Responsible for evaluation and releasing equipment associated with product changeover cleaning and sanitization processes.
- On call 24/7 and may be asked to report to the plant during off time.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Quality Assurance and Laboratory Departments as they relate to plant operations.
- Ensure that all routine quality assurance functions are performed accurately and at the required frequencies.
- Work with the Plant, Corporate and Sales personnel to resolve day-to-day quality tasks/needs as they arise.
- Assist Production Management in managing and auditing the cleaning chemical program.
- Initiate investigations of all out of specification results and process deviations.
- Oversee the hold and release of products.
- Manage and audit the Master Sanitation Program and audit the pest control program.
- Review and sign COA#39;s
- Conduct training of Quality and Laboratory related SOP#39;s
- Daily management of QA Supervisor, Lab Supervisor, Lab Lead, Lab Trainer, QA Technicians, Lab Technicians, as well as the Sanitation employees on site.
- Perform regular Plant walkthroughs to ensure compliance to SOP#39;s and GMP#39;s and company expectations.
- Act as plant representative for all 3rd party audits (customer audits, regulatory inspections and 3rd party certification).
- Primary on site SQF practitioner must be present in absence of all other SQF practitioners. Prior to PTO approval, ensure alternate SQF practitioner is available.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Food Quality and Food Safety programs. Including, but not limited to GMP, HACCP, CAPA.
- Understanding of Corporate QA policies, and have the ability to translate into workable plant procedures, including implementation and accountability to the policies.
- Track and maintain information on database.
- Able to move up to 55 pounds.
- Able and willing to work safely with chemicals.
- Math and basic statistics.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Requires the ability to communicate and document well.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to work at heights of 80 feet or more.
- Be able to work at floor level, waist level, and shoulder level repetitively.
- Be able to work weekends, and off shifts as needed or assigned.
- BS Degree in science related field or a minimum 3 years#39; experience in food production in a quality position.
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Completion of related college courses a plus.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
AA/EEO- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity