Position: Quality Assurance Manager - IL
Company: Food industry supply chain management group
Location: Chicago, IL (Southwest suburb)
Reports To: VP of Quality Systems
Advancement Opportunity: Strong
Compensation: Up to $125K + 20% bonus
Travel: 30% - 40%
- BS degree in food science, chemistry, biology or related
- Bilingual. Fluent in Spanish and English
- 5+ years of QA experience in the food industry. Experience in food commercialization
- Basic working knowledge of SPC, concepts and methodologies of quality management.
- Familiarity with the design of quality systems in food manufacturing facilities.
- Provide technical expertise to large foodservice company and their suppliers in order to help manage product quality and food safety, facilitate resolution to customer issues and support new product development.
- This position is a liaison between a large foodservice company and suppliers managing and driving improvement of current and future product risks for brand protection.
- Manage suppliers’ compliance and alignment with quality expectations.
- Monitors suppliers progress in meeting quality management program goals and objectives.