Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts; overtime and weekends may be necessary, to provide support to the plant operations during lab tech absenteeism and/or vacation coverage
- Must be able to continuously walk, stand, bend, lift up to approximately 40 pounds, climb, twist, stack
- Must have basic computer skills (to include typing, Excel, Word and use of e-mail)
- Must work well in team settings and work with various different departments (operations, maintenance, corporate departments, outside vendors)
- Must be a good communicator
- Must have basic math skills and be comfortable using a scale, ruler, calculator, lab equipment (with training)
- Must be able to follow basic direction and able to formulate decisions based on company specifications. Must be comfortable identifying differences based off given specifications and notifying management when such differences are found
- Must have legible handwriting, be able to keep documentation organized and work conscientiously with high attention to detail; some filing necessary
- Responsibilities may include the use of titrators, refractometer, moisture analyzer, texture analyzer, chroma-meter, microbiological swabs and sampling tools
- Plant contains two allergen and several sensitizing agents which this position will be subject to. Sensitizers include but are not limited to: Sulfites. Allergens include but are not limited to: Wheat, Soy, Barely (Canadian regulations), Sulfites (Canadian Regulations).
- Navigate and move inventory within the company ERP system.
- Proficiently navigate and obtaining necessary information from the company supplier management program.
- Proficiently navigate and obtain necessary information from the company formula management application.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The individual must be available to work 7 days per week during peak production seasons.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Basic math skills including algebra
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to speak and write in Spanish, a plus
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.