For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Quality Assurance Intern works closely with the Quality Assurance and Laboratory Leadership team on various tasks and projects to maintain consistency in company protocols and procedures. This position assists in helping maintain Agropur#39;s commitment to food safety & quality by monitoring and verifying production parameters in accordance with the Quality programs. The Quality Assurance Intern may report to any member of the Plant Leadership Team, but typically to a Quality Assurance Manager, supervisor or Plant Manager. The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Intern will vary based on assignments and department needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold Agropur#39;s Food Safety, Quality and Employee Safety requirements at all times.
- Learn and assist with conducting routine Quality Inspections related to food production: Finished Product quality, regulatory, compliance, pest control, employee GMPs, training compliance and HACCP compliance.
- Learn and assist with conducting pre-operational and routine sanitation inspections.
- Assist with executing QA Hold/Release functions on incoming Raw ingredients, packaging and Finished Products.
- Learn to anticipate, trouble shoot, and resolve problems with good manufacturing practices and/or sanitation quickly.
- Collect samples for equipment, environmental and in-process monitoring.
- Review documentation as it relates to food safety requirements and facility policies.
- Perform documentation review and inspection of all raw materials, packaging and finished product.
- Take direction on assignments and then work autonomously or with appropriate team(s) to accomplish assignment objectives.
- Acquire current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws related to Quality Assurance in a dairy manufacturing environment.
- Thoroughly learn about the Agropur business model and how to run an efficient Quality department.
- Actively meet and speak with Quality employees to learn the various aspects and responsibilities of their jobs.
- Learn to work safely and efficiently, while maintaining accuracy.
- Successfully pass any assessments or tests required to work within the Quality Assurance department.
- Present a summary of projects and lessons learned at end of internship, if applicable.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate#39;s Degree, Bachelor#39;s Degree or Master#39;s program in a Dairy Science, Food Science, Chemistry - or Agricultural Science-related program as a candidate for graduation.
- No experience required; in-house training provided.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with executives, managers, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the organization.
- Dedication to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Results driven, bottom-line oriented, strive to exceed goals, and motivate self and others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt to a changing environment quickly, and think independently.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and field-specific software.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity