It#39;s time to join New England#39;s foremost dairy company with a 98-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the Natural Goodness of Maine since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England#39;s key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It#39;s about more than milk -- it#39;s our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what#39;s right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
The Quality Assurance Environmental Sanitarian position at Oakhurst Dairy provides an opportunity to contribute to the production of the highest quality dairy products in New England. The individual will be required to maintain stringent hygienic standards in the manufacturing operation and lead environmental sanitation efforts for the plant. A major aspect of this position will be to perform routine cleaning in Production and Shipping environments by working closely with Supervisors and Management. This position will perform routine and unplanned sanitation, stock hygienic supplies and cleaning chemicals, drive continuous improvement to meet sanitary requirements, perform equipment maintenance and sanitation and support operational teams. In addition, this position is responsible for sanitation verification through visual inspection and swabbing activities and for inspection of cleaning equipment for functionality and proper operation. Collaboration with Production, Shipping and Maintenance staff will be integral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize food processing equipment, floors, walls, ceilings, doors and related facilities.
- Trouble-shoot to investigate/implement corrective actions for PEM/spoilage and process cleaning issues.
- Ensure daily SSOP and Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) execution and compliance.
- Perform MSS duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance team.
- Mix and use chemicals related to cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Complete and maintain sanitation logs.
- Perform chemical titrations of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Assist with plant#39;s pest control program.
- Improve cleaning/sanitizing processes to reduce damage to equipment and environment surfaces.
- Oversee storage and integrity of cleaning supplies and disinfecting equipment and supplies as instructed.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Proceed with duties by following several standardized procedures and may refer to supervisor if problems arise.
- Must understand and adhere to HACCP processes, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP#39;s) and safety practices.