Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Quality Assurance Compliance Specialist - COI in City of Industry, CA.
Job Purpose Summary:
- This high visibility position is responsible for managing and coordinating the quality compliance activities at each manufacturing facility. This includes the activities associated with SQF, the Food Safety Modernization Act, Non-GMO, Organic and Kosher programs at the facility. This position will assist the Quality Systems Compliance Supervisor with all ESL and/ or Aseptic compliance related activities and audit ready function for the facility. The success of this position in meeting objectives is measured by internal, regulatory and external audits measuring compliance to standards.
- Follows established safety practices and performs all tasks in a safe manner while promoting a safe work environment.
- Recommends changes in established processes to increase food safety and quality.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- This position will coordinate all systems, programs related to the internal and external audits:
- Safe Quality Food Level 3 certification and/ or any other GFSI audit:
- Food Safety Modernization Act record review.
- Non- GMO Program.
- Organic Program.
- Kosher Program.
- Other internal and external audits.
- Maintain facility good standing
- Function as the document control and record management administrator for the facility.
- Update and manage all controlled plant and corporate documentation.
- Manage manual or internet-based document system and serve as the administrator for the program.
- Manage Food Safety and Quality training program and ensure required training is completed
- Lead the audit function for the standard.
- Provide backup to the Quality Systems Compliance Supervisor as an SQF practitioner.
- Lead the annual Management Review of the system at the facility.
- Coordinate corrective action program for audits at the facility.
- Maintain and review all food safety related recording forms.
- Audit the system for compliance and manage audit corrective actions.
- Manage the training program for standards.
- Follow up on activities and closure of corrective action programs.
- Assist the Quality Systems Compliance Supervisor for facility audits and inspections.
- Maintain all processing and regulatory compliance records
- Processor charts and operator logs
- Sterile tank charts and operator logs
- Filler charts and operator logs
- Charts: CIP, raw receiving, raw tanks, sugar tanks, and other charts record
- Review and validate records for completion and escalate for corrective action.
- Provide support to QA department for special projects.
- Stay current with key regulatory and certifying agency guidelines and regulations.
- Responsible for key activities related to product or packaging transitions.
- Responsible for PrP and FSI verification activities.
- Fill in for Quality Systems Compliance Supervisor when absent (i.e. vacation, travel).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
A. Education and Experience:
- Degree: BS/BA food science or technical field or comparable experience.
- 3-5 years combined experience with food or ingredients and manufacturing experience.
- SQF practitioner certification training.
- PCQI Certification.
- HACCP food safety and Quality Management preferred.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- State and Federal regulatory.
- PMO Knowledge.
- Knowledge of kosher and organic processes and regulations for food manufacturing.
- Understanding of SQF standards.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Self-driven, results oriented , able to work independently.
- Ability to work with confidential materials.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills.
- Excellent record keeping / documentation skills.
- Excellent Organization skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience in QA Department of food manufacturing company preferred.
- Experience in compliance in food manufacturing company to include working directly with kosher and organic highly preferred.
- Knowledge of plant production systems, plant sanitation, safety, quality systems and GMP#39;s preferred.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.