QUALITY ASSURANCE AND REGULATORY MANAGER-Richmond, CA
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Plant Based Foods, bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance and Regulatory Manager for our Richmond, CA facility. The Quality Assurance/Regulatory Manager (QARM) oversees the daily tasks and staff of the QA Lab and analytical support group to assure product conformance to specification, food safety, audits, Good Manufacturing Practices and all regulatory matters. The QA department provides data to operations, sales, and product development. The QARM coordinates the analytical activities around production and raw material support providing direction to rectify product issues to all relevant departments. The QARM provides feedback regarding the strategic direction, resource requirements and functional status of the laboratory and regulatory matters. The QARM is expected to spend more than half of the work time performing management duties and responsibilities, including exercising independent judgment and discretion when performing QARM work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Laboratory staff provides accurate and timely results for produced materials, in-process materials, and raw materials.
- Ensure adequate scheduling of staff, and justify additional resource requirements.
- Maintain all Laboratory instrumentation and equipment calibration, scheduling equipment repairs and PM as necessary.
- Ensure Laboratory conformance to company safety and regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoot quality issues; create troubleshooting guides; document SOP changes.
- Support Planning and Production departments in processing procedures, recommendations, and utilization of oil and products.
- Make any necessary adjustments to out-of-spec products.
- Help customers as required with technical questions, problems, and oil identification.
- Support Customer Innovation with ideas, analysis, and data.
- Support Sales by answering questions, matching competitor samples, suggesting products.
- Manage and review sample/ service requests and schedule appropriate staff resources.
- Compile and distribute reporting for incoming ship raw materials
- Analyze raw material data to help Inventory department make improvements to material storage, handling, and movement.
- Maintain Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- 3rd Party audits
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act
- Regular, predictable attendance is required as an essential job function to carry out responsibilities of position.
- Bachelor’s degree in food Science, Chemistry, Biology or other physical science.
- A minimum 3-5 years laboratory management experience, preferably in a food, drug or chemical laboratory.
- Computer literacy is a must. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
- Laboratory Information Management System experience is a plus.
- Travel is occasional
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
THIS IS NOT AN IT POSITION
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.