Quality and Health Safety Manager
Working for a global leader in food ingredients manufacturing, this is a great opportunity for someone that has a quality background and would like to learn plant safety. If you are open to wearing a few hats overseeing both, and building on your skillset, this is the position for you.
You will be responsible for the site of overall implementation of Quality, Employee Safety and Health, Food Safety, and Continuous Improvement. Training functions to all plant staff and working closely with the plant manager are key components of this role.
You will be a key leader at the plant and the face of quality and safety. You will interface with the North America functional organizations, regulatory agencies, and customers to implement and improve upon the policies, procedures, and activities associated with operational excellence in these functional areas:
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Food Safety
- Employee Health and Safety
- Continuous Improvement and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in science related- chemistry, biology, or microbiology
- 5-7 years ideal of experience in Quality or Safety
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements for health and safety ideal
- Practical understanding of quality systems, microbiology, and physical and chemical characteristics of starch
- Analytic thinking and troubleshooting skills with a Lean Six Sigma background a plus
- Strong leadership skills, and flexible interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures – both internal and external
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in creation and execution
- Working knowledge of SAP
Responsible for completing 1-2 projects per year
- Interface with the North America Continuous Improvement organization
- Seek and implement opportunities to reduce waste and cost within the plant
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.