Primary duties are to perform inspection of packaged products to ensure customer expectations met. In addition, the position ensures key sensitive packaging equipment is in compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verifies accuracy of label, weight, special customer instructions and leakers to ensure product packaged correctly.
- Audits performance of checkweighers and metal detectors in packaging department.
- Performs inspection of mixing and packaging equipment when requested by Manufacturing personnel or required for formulation.
- Performs packaging and shipping audit on a frequency to ensure compliance to procedures and work instructions.
- Takes Environmental swabs of the equipment and environment as needed.
- Rotates national account samples on a monthly basis.
- Samples and inspects sifter discharges and filters. Records findings in TQM.
- Follows proper GMPs and GLPs.
- Uses proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary.
- Reports Non-conformances in TQM with immediate corrective actions.
- Assists with other Quality and Operations projects as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree in Sciences or relevant experience (minimum of 2 years) in a food company.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondences.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and small groups.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.