The Blount family has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Position Summary: Monitor standards and controls in relation to the manufacturing of high quality soup, dip and salad products in a dynamic, fast paced USDA, FDA food manufacturing facility. Must possess well developed organoleptic abilities. Must possess and present a positive and upbeat attitude at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Machine Operators in the efficient and accurate processing of all production recipes.
- Communicate effectively within department to ensure most efficient and highest quality processing possible.
- Monitor and enforce quality control points.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Preferable for a candidate to have received certification as a Quality Inspector presented by the American Society for Quality and a Six Sigma Green Belt or Higher. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: 2+ year college degree and 2+ years manufacturing experience preferably in a food environment, or equivalent combination education work experience. Candidate must have above average mathematics skills, as well as familiarity with statistical process control and quality control concepts and tools.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location
Blount Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital, & veteran status.
Associates or better.
2 year: Manufacturing
1 year: Food
1 year: Quality