The Quality Control Supervisor position supervises and coordinates activities of QC Team members engaged in inspecting incoming materials, line checks/start-ups, in-process components, and finished products to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications.
- Works out of Bolingbrook, IL office with the Quality Assurance Manager on directed areas of concern.
- Assists with providing and documenting training for Operations and Quality personnel in the Bolingbrook facility around QC, Process, and Food Safety expectations. Is proactive and participates in all training activities as needed.
- Coordinates the activities between Bolingbrook#39;s QC and all other departments
- Reviews the adequacy of Ops systems for Food Safety (including Maintenance and Sanitation)
- Oversees and manages batch record review/release to ensure that in process and finished goods were manufactured in accordance with relevant SOPs and meet all applicable specifications and documentation requirements
- Works to resolve customer issues and complaints at the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager. Leads internal QC investigative process.
- Coordinates and acts as site point of contact for customer audits.
- Participates in all Recall test actions within the Bolingbrook facility.
- Has the responsibility for all Food Safety related documentation within Bolingbrook (at the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager).
- Is an advisor to the Quality Assurance Manager in matters of Quality and Development for Bolingbrook
- Ensures the laboratory is kept in a safe working environment and in compliance with OSHA and other laboratory safety standards
- Has cost control and budgetary input around the Bolingbrook QC Department (for lab supplies, outside lab services, pest control and support).
- Works with R&D, Regulatory, Procurement and the Supply Chain group to mitigate costs through alternative material evaluations in relation to cost where applicable.
- Works with Research and Development for formula optimization and analysis in conjunction with Ops and Procurement.
- Reviews, monitors and creates (in conjunction with management) testing protocols as needed to maintain a high level of product quality and safety.
- Ensures that a proper audit protocol is in place to monitor production line checks.
- In conjunction with Quality Management, audits the facility to monitor compliance with state, federal and company Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Manages the site’s internal auditing and environmental monitoring program completion.
- Assists in the assessment and disposition of “non-compliant” product for both raw materials and finished goods.
- Participates in the reviews of FSMA documents and verifies documentary controls.
- Investigate quality issues and complaints in conjunction with Quality Management.
- Constantly looks for and implements ideas and programs to improve quality within the system and in coordination with the Quality leadership.
- Assists in internal and third party audits and preparations. Assists with implementation of all corrective actions resulting from audits
- Maintain orderly files for correspondence, reports of conformance and non-conformance, procedures.
- Holds regular meetings with the QC team to provide performance appraisals, drive accountability and feedback and ensure employees have development plans.
1. Four (4) Year Degree in Science area or 7 + years of equivalent work experience. Higher level degree preferred.
2. Work experience with a focus on Quality and Development.
3. Two (2) years of experience in a QA role with demonstrated laboratory skills.
4. Two (2) years of experience in the Food or Food Packaging industries, or experience with a firm that supports blending and packaging operations
5. Demonstrated experience of decision-making in accordance with requirements.