We are offering a $500* Hiring Bonus tcandidates that apply between September 1st and September 30th and whare hired by October 31st. *Bonus amount is a gross amount that will be paid out on the first payroll after 90 days of employment.
Main duties and responsabilities:
- Will perform required quality checks for string, fresh mozzarella, shred, sticks, and mozzarella departments. Tinclude such checks as metal detector checks, leaker checks, weight checks, analytical checks, and various other checks tverify product conforms tthe product specification.
- When a quality check completed does not conform trequirements, performs necessary rechecks tconfirm non-conformance.
- Will assist with initiating the hold procedure tcontrol non-confirming product at time of packaging
- Will pull samples from the line per sampling plan for each area tsubmit for microbiology, chemistry, sensory, shelf life, and/or pathogen analysis.
- When working in the sorts position, will complete screen sort checks as defined in sorting procedure and properly tag product needing additional action tbring tconformance. Tnotify QA clerk/supervisor/manager of major defects or patterns of defects in a timely manner.
- Will document all quality checks accurately and in a timely manner including explanation of corrective action taken for any non-conforming quality checks.
- May perform additional tasks such as pulling air samples, hand swabs, and maintenance of our shelf life library.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive tnew ideas, down tearth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive tdetail. He or she will alsbe capable of working independently in adherence tregulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able tdemonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills. Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity. Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits in a clean and stable work environment. Post-offer drug screens and background checks are conducted. Lactalis American Group is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. We are an E-Verify participant. Must be at least 18 years old. Veterans encouraged tapply! Requirements
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
2. Previous employment in a food industry setting; preferred
3. Basic mathematical skills are required (must be able tcalculate averages).
The ideal candidate must have the following attributes/skills: attention tdetail and accuracy in work. Ability twork well with others, strong personal and interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and able tanalyze, read, and write reports, manuals, and procedures.