The Quality Assurance Sr. Manager will be the primary on-site certified SQF Practitioner and PCQI with responsibility for compliance, food safety, and quality. This individual will provide daily leadership and direction to Quality Assurance and Quality Control personnel and interact with other departmental personnel to assure compliance with internal and external policies and requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Ongoing management, communication, follow-up, evaluation, and improvement related to all aspects of the SQF, FSMA, and prerequisite programs to ensure their effective ongoing development, implementation, review, integrity, maintenance, validation, and auditing
- Facilitate monthly HACCP/HARPC committee meetings and perform risk assessments
- Participate in food safety and other regulatory, customer, and third party audits
- Hire, supervise, and direct QA and QC staff
- Work closely with production, packaging, warehouse, sanitation, supply chain, and other staff to assure that policies and procedures are effectively applied and monitored
- Train employees regarding food safety, quality, health, sanitation, and good manufacturing policies and practices to ensure their understanding of the rules and each employee’s contribution to food safety and quality
- Investigate customer complaints, perform root cause analysis, then formulate and implement corrective actions
- Communicate with senior management regarding non-conformities and improvements to policies and procedures
- Conduct internal audits
Ideal candidate qualifications
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining SQF and FSMA program
- Formal, documented HACCP, SQF and PCQI training (required)
- 5+ years’ experience working in food manufacturing
- BS or higher in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field of study
- Ability to critically analyze processes and procedures to identify and assess potential food safety hazards and quality defects
- Knowledge of relevant prerequisite programs, industry guidelines and standards, and legal requirements
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Food safety and quality responsibilities Develop, implement, review, maintain, communicate, take actions and overall insure the integrity and validity of the company’s food safety and quality.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.