SUGAR BOWL BAKERY JOBS - Every bite is just Right !!
Join us at Sugar Bowl Bakery, one of Northern California's largest family-owned and operated bakeries. With over 100,000 square feet of state-of-the art production facilities, we operate 7 days a week and service national warehouse clubs, major supermarket chains, distributors and retailers. We are one of the Bay Area's Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies and have been named Bakery of the Year numerous times.
Our growth has created immediate needs for the following positions:
Summary:- Swing / Grave Shift and rotating Weekends
This position will support all Quality Assurance activities related to maintaining Sugar Bowl Bakery and governmental food safety standard. This role will be required to perform tasks associated with GMPs, HACCP and continuous improvement programs. In addition, this person will work with management in various QA related projects.
Responsibility or Job/Duty Description:
- Performs inspection and testing activities through stages of manufacturing process to ensure that establishment and regulatory standards are met.
- Enforce and monitor current company GMP, SSOP, and HACCP guidelines. Follow through with correction of deficiencies.
- Has authority and is responsible for hold/release of non-conforming products.
- Reviews production records to ensure all paperwork is complete and accurate on daily basis; correct deviations in a timely manner to minimize loss and avoid non-compliance products are shipped.
- Assists Management in various projects related to Quality.
- Conduct and perform training activities related to food quality and food safety (ie. HACCP, GMPs, Allergen). Assists in training, development and supervision of new and existing QA staff. Assists in training of Managerial staff and line workers in food safety, quality assurance theory and practice, processes and procedures.
List other important Critical Day to Day duties:
- Responsible for product shelf life study; facilitates testing with outside laboratory.
- Audits quality of raw material and tracks vendor performance
- Plant walk through and take appropriate actions to correct deficiencies
- Performs pre-operational inspections and releases manufacturing lines for production
- Performs testing of moisture content, water activity, and sieve analysis.
- Performs dimensional analysis
- Performs microbiological testing (APC, Coliform/ E. coli., and Y&M).
- Performs quality checks on finished products
- Performs calibration of weighing scales, thermometers, and QA instruments.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- 1+ years QA experience in food industry required
- Associates degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experiences/Knowledge Requirement/Analytical Skills/Problem Solving Skills:
- Knowledge of food industry regulatory requirements such as HACCP, allergen control, pest control, sanitation, food security, good laboratory practices.
- Decision Quality: Demonstrate skill in judgment and sound decision-making.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Preferred other languages: Spanish, Vietnamese and Cantonese.
MS Office Skills:
- Should be able to multitask
- Time management
- Should have people skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour plus Shift Premium