Quality Assurance Technician
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with a progressive team of professionals in a growing company?
High Liner Foods is proud to be the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. We are seeking aQuality Assurance Technicianto become the newest member of our team. The position will be located in Portsmouth, NH.
High Liner Foodsisthe leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood.
As the QA Technician, a typical day might include the following:
- Monitoring product to ensure quality meets company specifications.
- Perform product sensory evaluations, weight, count & defect checks.
- Monitor and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP#39;s)
- Pre operation inspections and releasing lines to production after sanitation.
- Verify and organize HACCP, production and specification documentation.
- Monitor and address Plant Food Safety & Quality concerns.
- Environmental monitoring
- Assist R&D with new product runs and testing.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a 4 year degree in food science or a related field.
- 4 years experience in QA/QC
- The ability to communicate and work collaboratively with other departments to solve problems, conduct training and perform corrective actions.
- You have knowledge of HACCP programs, GMP#39;s & SOP#39;s.
- You have knowledge of FDA and USDC regulations.
- You are familiar with regulatory, third party and customer audits
In return for the experience you bring to the table, you will be given the opportunity to join a progressive, growing organization that has seen its revenue grow 270% in the last six years to almost $1.2B. With a reputation for excellence in North America and the global marketplace, you will have the professional benefits of a career with an international organization. This function is seen as a key piece of the corporate strategic plan, so you#39;ll also be given the opportunity to grow professionally and develop new skills as the organization continues to expand.
Offering a competitive compensation package, benefits and 401k plan, this is a chance for you to take the knowledge you#39;ve acquired in your career to date and have a real impact on the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran, or marital status, genetic information or other protected status, covered by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
High Liner Foods participates in E-Verify
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor#39;s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)