Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
QA Systems Leader oversees QA Systems to meet all corporate and regulatory standards at the plant. Supports QA general management as needed, including supporting operations, paperwork review, sanitation and QA leadership coverage.
- Lead, develop and review the sanitation and pest control programs, systems, procedures, databases for the facility.
- Manage development of standard work, training, cleaning validation, identification of operational savings, line cleaning change-over and turn-around efficiencies supporting improvements in plant total delivered cost.
- QA Contact for cleaning chemical and pest contracted service providers.
- Monitor and facilitate SSOP tracking and documentation and drive improvement in sanitation performance (e.g. KPIs and sanitation performance standards).
- Utilize technical skills and experience to trouble shoot sanitation, and pest control issues. Drive corrective action responses in the facility.
- Evaluate and Schedule Sanitation audits to support the plant sanitation program and GMP programs
85% Food Safety Program Management
- Update & Maintain Food Safety and Quality Systems, including USDA HACCP, FSMA, Thermal Processing and other PreRequisite Programs.
- Conduct and lead annual reviews and update to all Food Safety plans and Prerequisite programs to drive constant improvement, compliance to changing regulations.
- Support and be plant liaison for corporate food safety initiatives.
- Lead and manage site team through preparation and execution of all third-party facility and regulatory audits. including Organic, SQF, Halal and Regulatory.
- Lead plant overall conformance to regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Manage, and continually improve internal auditing program.
- Drive training activities to advance Food Safety awareness throughout site.
- Provide strong Technical feedback for Food Safety related concern.
- Manage technical implementation of documents and procedures to the floor, including RMS, SAP, Cornerstone work.
- Manage development of standard work, training, cleaning validation, identification of operational savings.
- Monitor and facilitate SOP & SSOP tracking and documentation and drive improvement in & operations &sanitation performance (e.g. KPIs and sanitation performance standards).
- Utilize technical skills and experience to trouble shoot and audit sanitation, and pest control issues. Drive corrective action responses in the facility.
15% General QA Management
- Plan, perform, report and follow-up on quality system, sanitation and food safety audits assigned through DDS or the QA internal Audit program. Including HACCP, SSOP and GMP/housekeeping audits.
- QA representative for assigned area DDS team
- Perform Pre-shipment review of food safety and quality records, when assigned, for compliance to internal and regulatory requirements.
- Investigate product holds, perform dispositions and perform corrective actions. Troubleshoot quality and food safety problems and foreign material occurrences. Track Corrective actions
- Assist on feasibility and new product trials as needed.
- Recommend updates needed and develop work instructions Training new employees and refresher training for existing employees on HACCP, SSOP and Quality Procedures as needed
- Assist Operations group on maintaining USDA compliance and resolving issues
- Process Irregularities: write ups reports, follow up on isolation and withheld. Provide corrective action assistance where needed
- QA representative to the plant on scheduled weekend days.
- This position will be required to evaluate current Food safety & Quality programs and procedures, verifying both accuracy and efficacy of the programs and procedures while recommending improvements or corrections for programs and procedure.
- This position will be required to work cross-functionally to assist with operational, system, or GMP issue resolution by coordinating/participating in the efforts of all responsible parties for the timely resolution of the problem.
- Proven strengths and in-depth knowledge of food safety & Quality, and Plant manufacturing systems. is preferred.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in food science or a related technical field
- HACCP certified required, FSMA(PCQI) and Better Process Control School certified preferred.
- Experience with writing and maintaining quality systems preferred
- Experience working with and responding to 3rd Party and Regulatory (USDA, FDA) Non-conformances preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with and lead a cross functional teams.
- Knowledge around can food regulations and working with onsite USDA Inspectors is a plus.
- Minimum Years of relevant experience: 3 years of experience.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor of Science degree in food science, microbiology, biology or a related technical field
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the food industry with demonstrated experience in Quality related functions
- Office/meetings – computer work, sitting, repetitive motions
- Plant environment.
- Travel is estimated at 5% or less.