COMMENTS: The Supervisor, Quality Control will work for Mizkan America, Inc. at the Owensboro, Kentucky (Ragu) sauce plant. The plant is a high speed processing and packaging facility which produces sauces for both the Rag and Bertolli pasta sauce brands. This position will report to the Quality Manager and is responsible for the food safety and Quality programs execution at the plant. This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the implementation and the effectiveness of the execution of Food Safety (HACCP) and Product Quality plans in the plant during its shift. Plan, train, lead, control the plans execution to ensure the integrity of the processes for its shift and to ensure the compliance with local and federal regulations; assures finished product meets food safety and quality standards. Supervise the quality and sanitation staff during its shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the food safety and quality plan on the floor, from end to end, during its shift of control.
- Lead the execution of daily scheduled and structured Quality Floor Audit and On-The-Spot coaching/training to ensure compliance, reduce mistakes, detect abnormality early, reduce deviation to ensure good practices are sustained.
- Conduct just-in-time investigation for quality incident, ensure non-conformance product hold and reporting, and Non-conformance process condition has been corrected before line re-start.
- Sign off on post maintenance hand over process to make sure procedures followed and standards met before equipment are put back to work.
- Together with other quality shift supervisors, Senior QA supervisor, and Quality Manager to continue improve the food safety and quality program.
- Review and sign-off the shift HACCP and Finished Product Quality Testing paperwork to ensure required records are filled out/complete, and signed off by designated production staff and pass all the release criteria before pass on to Sr. FSQ supervisor or Quality manager for product release.
- Together with Quality leaders to develop, provide, track, and verify HACCP and new hire Food Safety training for the facility for its shift to ensure all staff received the training including temporary employees.
- Participate in all Internal audits and in all External Audits when required.
- Flexibility to work any shift or time to meet demands of the position and cover other supervisor/staff when required.
- Supervise activities of Finished product Auditor, HACCP floor auditor, and sanitation staff during its shift to ensure effectiveness and efficiency and control overtime.
- Stay up to date with all new regulatory requirements and communicate changes to the plant.
- Understand all Quality specs, in-process checks, and finished product checks
- Understand Statistical Process Control
- Ability to perform Traceability and Annual Mock Recalls
- Maintain laboratory supplies for Finished Product Auditors as assigned.
- Update Food Safety Forms/Control Charts as assigned.
- Other job duties as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree in a food science or engineering or related field with 5 years relevant work experience in Food Quality field is required; Associate degree with 7 years proven experience in quality operation area can be considered.
- 1-2 years Supervisory experience is preferred
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Experience working in a high speed packaging or processing plant is preferred
- FSPCA Course - Preventive Controls for Human Food is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 5 percent of the time
- Ability to exhibit a professional business-like appearance and demeanor
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines