The 2nd Shift QA Supervisor in a poultry processing plant leads the continual development and implementation of the SSOP and HACCP plans to meet USDA regulations, company and customer expectations regarding food safety. Monitors and verifies production SSOP and HACCP records. Monitors plant GMPs and other prerequisite programs daily. Proactively identifies problems before they develop utilizing SPC tools or other tracking/trending analysis skills as necessary. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops programs and procedures to ensure regulatory and company food safety requirements are met and maintained. Communicates to and trains all associates prior to their implementation.
- Updates, manages and maintains the SSOP and HACCP and other prerequisite programs in an organized and effective manner.
- Audits all SSOP and HACCP records providing timely feedback to management.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the USDA and keep up with the regulations concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
- Responsible for training and documentation of training of all levels of plant associates concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
- Hands on involvement in all food safety problems that arise during the shift and developing appropriate solutions and corrective actions/preventative measures for those problems.
- Conducts validations of scientific data that support facility food safety decisions as needed yearly.
Bachelor degree preferably in Food Science, Animal Science, Poultry Science, Operations Management, Biology or Chemistry plus at least 2 years of relevant experience. Specific requirements include:
- HACCP certification
- Knowledge of USDA regulations including GMP, SSOP, HACCP and labeling.
- Must have experience with food safety plant style audits.
- Be familiar with HACCP and SSOP requirements to include monitoring and implementing validation processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask while maintaining required timeliness.