This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and effectiveness of the Quality and Food Safety Systems by assuring compliance to all applicable Government, Certification, Customer, and Industry standards including implementation, monitoring, trend analysis, and reporting requirements through the application of appropriate regulatory, processing, and technical principles (e.g., microbiology, chemistry, physical sciences, statistics, etc.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related field, required.
- 3+ years of equivalent experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) facility, food industry and manufacturing facility, required; dairy preferred.
- Experience implementing FSMA and 21 CFR Part 117 requirements and related FDA and USDA guidelines by participating in Food Safety or HACCP teams, implementing GMP requirements, or maintaining PRP processes like supplier and allergen management, etc.
- Experience implementing NLEA (Nutrition Labeling and Education Act) and PMO standards is preferred.
- Collaborative, have a technical curiosity, strong troubleshooting skills and have demonstrated abilities to influence Stakeholders.
- Developed organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle and follow through on multiple projects.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites and data entry.
- Experience with statistical analysis software like Minitab, SPSS, etc., preferred.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays, and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Responsible for food safety regulatory compliance as follows:
- Maintaining Food Safety Management System based on current regulatory standards and the latest technical developments.
- Maintaining the Food Safety Plan including (but not limited to) evaluating, monitoring, and trend analyses of the HACCP System, CCPs, and PRPs.
- Food Safety Team PCQI (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual).
- GMP Auditor.
- CAPA (Corrective Action Preventative Action) facilitator.
- Monitoring and annually report on the effectiveness of the Food Safety Systems in order to recommend continuous improvement actions to Top Management.
- Monitoring Food Safety legislation, communicate relevant changes, and publish implementation guidelines to the Organization.
- Responsible for Certification compliance as follows:
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on SQF, Organic, Kosher, and other similar certification requirements.
- Internal SQF auditor.
- Responsible for license and certification documentation and testing requirements.
- Participating in customer complaint handling activities.
- Facilitating compliance to Quality and Food Safety training plans.
- Monitoring and annually report on the effectiveness of the SQF Management Systems in order to recommend continuous improvement actions to Top Management.
- Assures Finished Product quality as follows:
- Maintaining and verifying finished goods compliance to specification requirements.
- Publish and maintain customer, certification, and Government compliance QA documents.
- Responsible for the finished product hold process and disposition.
- In the case of new products, coordinate the Clearance processes and product qualification activities with the R&D contract supplier.
- Monitoring legislation around labeling and product identity standards, communicate relevant changes, and publish implementation guidelines to the Organization.
- Responsible for QA support to Plant processes, Operations Projects, and Continuous Improvement initiatives as follows:
- Providing food safety compliance requirements and implementation advice during cross-functional discussions, meetings, and activities.
- Conducting food safety risk assessment and implement mitigation schemes, as needed.
- Trend analysis and reporting, as needed.
- Publishing CIP validation protocols and facilitate execution, as needed.
- Compliance to CIP verification schedule.
- Publishing Project qualification protocols and facilitate execution, as needed.
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as back-up to the Quality Manager and Supervisor for all key responsibilities in their absence or as needed.
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and ensure targets are met.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.