Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician is responsible for performing a variety of routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance setting. Duties usually consist of making measurements, performing several routine quantitative and qualitative biological or chemical analytical tests according to standard procedures.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required, please list that here.)
- Monitors the production process and product by sensory, weight control, and analytical methods to maintain product consistency and comply with established specifications including color, moisture, pH, weight, size, etc.
- Evaluates all finished product in regards to moisture, ingredient content, breakage, color, package fill, raw and finished weights, seal integrity, code date legibility, and overall product quality.
- Accurately performs and documents all testing. Testing may include: Inspection and testing of incoming raw materials, in process products, finished goods, and products produced by outside suppliers. Utilizes testing equipment for validation and/ or calibration.
- Communicates all out-of-compliance situations and product standards to production employees and Production/QA Supervisors.
- Practices and adheres to safety and hygiene guidelines for safe house keeping and personal protection. Keeps all work areas clean, stores laboratory supplies in designated areas, keeps benches and aisles clear. Strictly adheres to safety procedures when handling chemicals for testing. Follows instructions for safe lifting.
- Executes the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan included in the SQF Program at the frontline level.
- Monitors the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan effectiveness and conformance with SQF system requirements
- Identifies, investigates and/or determines whether out-of-compliance finished product should be placed on hold.
- Coordinates disposition and/or rework with leadership approval.
- Monitors raw materials storage area locations and complete shift tailings. Notifies appropriate personnel with any abnormal findings.
- Monitors metal detection validation & verification.
- Audits allergen maintenance repair sheets and operator forms.
- Conducts pre-op inspections of processing, packaging and mixing equipment after product changeovers and/or prior to weekly production start-up as a cross-functional team.
- Performs plant sanitation verifications to ensure allergen free and equipment is clean. If applicable may participate in Kleanz or respective program.
- Mandatory overtime is required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage (In absence of incumbent, outline who will perform the essential duties and responsibilities; applicable for Quality Supervisors and Managers only.)
- QA Coordinator, Lead (Supervisor or Manager), or Qualified Backup.
Scope of Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised, Authority to act, number of employees supervised, sales volume $, projected budget $, level of decision making or impact of decisions made to the organization. An organizational chart should be included with job description when submitted)
- Somewhat independent; work frequently done independently by following practices and procedures while occasionally having work checked.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – writing skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, license, specific technical skills, etc. List licenses or professional certifications required for the job.)
- Attention to details.
- Ability to pass basic math skills test.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and have proficiency in word processing (Microsoft Word) and Excel.
- Problem solving skills along with the ability to influence other business units.
- Ability to use quality assessment tools which may include calipers and scales.
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
- High School Diploma or GED required; a minimum of 1 year of food manufacturing production/QA experience is preferred.
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional licenses or certificates required for the job)N/A
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- Sitting -Occasionally
- Standing -Continuously
- Walking -Continuously
- Driving -Continuously
- Using hands -Continuously
- Climbing -Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling -Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing - Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling -Frequently
- Two Handed Carry - Frequently
- One Handed Carry -Frequently
Where applicable, ability to climb into trailer & walk on uneven surfaces in order to gather samples -Occasionally
- Up to 10 pounds- Frequently
- Up to 25 pounds -Frequently
- Up to 50 pounds -Occasionally
- Up to 100 pounds -Seldom/Never
- More than 100 pounds- Seldom/Never
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of the job)
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Lighting -Good
- Temperature -Good
- Vibration -Fair
- Noise - Fair
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
- Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.