We are working with a national dairy company southwest of Albany, NY that is looking for a QA Manager! This is a high producing fast paced plant that is looking for a strong QA leader. Please apply if interested!
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for carrying out management responsibilities for the QA department
- Execute and manage Food Safety, Quality, Regulatory and Sanitation procedures, programs & policies
- Responsible for supporting in hiring and training employees
- Oversee quality control systems to include hold programs and traceability exercises; lab procedures; food safety programs, including FMSA compliance; product functionality evaluations; process verification programs; internal and external audits, and environmental microbiological monitoring programs.
- Ensure that all plant, customer and regulatory standards are met
- Develop, manage and maintain strong working relationships with vendors & suppliers
- Coordinate with suppliers, external customers & other departments on quality results, issues & requirements
- Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are performed; provides troubleshooting efforts in the event of sanitation system failure.
- Communicate effectively with plant & company personnel, departments, and other internal & external teams to ensure smooth operation of processes
- Comply with all guidelines and regulations for food safety and quality (including but not limited to: OSHA, GMP, FDA, HACCP, EPA, etc.) and enforce compliance on the line and throughout the plant
- Reports all safety, quality, issues & deviations to upper management
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science related area is preferred but will take equivalent work experience
- 5+ years hands on plant experience in QA in food manufacturing.
- Must have previous work experience in dairy manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role is needed
- Hands on experience in directing food safety, quality and regulatory compliance in a manufacturing environment is required
- Proficiency and practical application of the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance and FDA standards for food and dairy manufacturers.
- Organizational, problem solving, decision making and technical skills are required
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP applications, SAP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends in support of plant operations.