It#39;s time to join New England#39;s foremost dairy company with a 98-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England#39;s key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It#39;s about more than milk -- it#39;s our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what#39;s right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
The Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician position at Oakhurst Dairy provides an opportunity to contribute to the production of the highest quality dairy products in New England. A major aspect of this position will be to perform routine product analysis including bacteriological, chemical, and physical testing of raw and finished goods, microscopy on incoming raw milk, organoleptic analysis of finished products and operation of specialized lab equipment. This position will perform frequent audits of the manufacturing facility and will drive continuous improvement to meet internal quality standards. In addition, the Lab Technician is responsible for sanitation verification through visual inspection and swabbing activities, inspection of cleaning equipment for functionality and proper operation, post-cleaning allergen sampling and analysis and pre-operational inspections of food contact equipment. Collaboration with Production, Shipping and Maintenance staff will be integral.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure all customer specific policies, procedures, and specifications are followed.
- Properly test incoming and outgoing product for suitability and compliance with appropriate standards.
- Perform bacteriological, chemical, and physical tests on raw and finished goods to meet quality compliance goals.
- Conduct product sampling at various points through the supply chain.
- Perform microscopy on incoming raw milk.
- Perform packaging evaluations to ensure conformity to standards.
- Inspect the plant periodically and regularly for compliance with Oakhurst Dairy and the US Public Health regulations.
- Evaluate product temperatures throughout the manufacturing process.
- Verify cleaning completeness through visual inspection and swabbing activities.
- Inspect cleaning equipment for functionality and proper operation.
- Perform post-cleaning allergen verification and validation.
- Conduct pre-operational inspections in coordination with Production personnel.
- Review documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain the Pathogen Environmental Monitoring program and participate in sampling activities.
- Troubleshoot quality issues with Production and Quality personnel.
- Recommend changes or improvements to the laboratory procedures, plant inspections, process control or cleaning and sanitizing programs.
- Enforce quality standards, GMPs and SOPs.
- Maintain and enforce the HACCP and SQF programs.
- Attend and participate in the quality meetings.
- Obtain IMS certification through the State Department of Agriculture.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area throughout the facility and laboratory.
- Keep the Quality Assurance Manager informed of all quality results and issues.
- Performing all other duties deemed appropriate, necessary, required, or directed by the Quality Assurance Manager.