Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Quality Assurance Compliance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining all areas of compliance at the Campbell#39;s Snack site in Franklin, WI. This would include conformance to the SQF code as well as the FDA and other international government agency#39;s Acts and Regulations as they pertain to food and food labeling. This position involves writing procedures, monitoring their effectiveness, training personnel in the understanding of said procedures and documenting all activities in relation to the procedures and their verification.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains compliance at Franklin, WI site. This involves writing procedures, monitoring their effectiveness, training personnel in the understanding of said procedures and documenting all activities in relation to the procedures and their verification.
- Oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF (Food Safety and Quality System) system.
- Creates any new procedures or documents as needed in order to stay compliant with Campbell#39;s Corporate Policies.
- Conducts monthly meetings with management personnel. Inform management of any significant changes to the code or program.
- Knowledgeable on the implementation and maintenance of HACCP based food safety plans and food quality plans.
- Coordinates and participates in appropriate quality and food safety audits for customers, regulatory and certification audits. Ensure all corrective actions are submitted by required deadlines.
- Oversees co-manufactured items including packaging review, Private Label Agreements, documentation management for Gluten Free Certification Organization, Organic, Non-GMO Project Verification, Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil and Kosher certification.
- Function as a resource for Identity preserved compliance to optimize SQF, HACCP, FSMA programs.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, abstracts, and attends conferences to stay abreast of technical developments and relevant legislations and regulations in industry.
- Audits and monitors SQF program effectiveness and conformance, including internal verification and validations, GMP inspections and internal audits.
- Performs food safety audits according to program, including with visitors from our customer food manufacturing companies, the Food and Drug Administration or the State Dept. of Agriculture.
- Develops and trains quality team members and hourly personnel in quality awareness, food safety and other related areas.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with all management and production personnel.
- Deliver key measurables in a timely, professional and ethical method to ensure and protect the Company#39;s professional image.
- Serves as back-up to the QA Manager with duties including, but not limited to, management of Food Safety and Food Quality programs. Serve as a substitute when QA Manager is not available.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage
Quality Assurance Manager
Scope of Responsibility
Supervisor is responsible for overseeing compliance and food safety initiatives. Authority includes developing and communication and appropriate policy and programs, identification of quality opportunities, corrective action initiatives and follow-up. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager for the Franklin, WI facility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others individually and in team setting. Strong leadership skills are essential. Excellent verbal and written skills. Good problem solving, analytical, & trouble shooting skills required. Ability to work in Microsoft Office efficiently (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Education and Experience
Bachelor#39;s degree and a minimum 3 years of experience in food science or a related field, 3 5 years of experience preferred, depending on quality of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
SQF, HACCP and PCQI
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb to extended heights (inspection) or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Typical plant setting for baked goods, salty snacks and food manufacturing plant. Production floor noise level requires ear plugs.
Minimal travel required. Must be willing to occasionally travel to other Snyder#39;s-Lance plants for continuous improvement or attend educational conferences or forums.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.