Suzanna’s Kitchen is a medium sized manufacturer with two facilities and growing in national distribution of fully cooked/frozen food products in Duluth, GA (North Metro Atlanta area). We need an experienced Manager of Quality Control & Food Safety to oversee all QA Managers and their departments. This person will oversee all aspects of quality control and safety, ensuring product quality standards are met. Will be responsible for leading the team to achieve maximum results in control of quality and food safety. No relocation assistance, local candidates only.
- Policy Development/Maintenance
- Assert proper authority in assuring compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Update or approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as needed.
- Investigate and document product deviations.
- Investigate and document all customer complaints and issue decision on the case. If product is involved decide on disposition. Proper handling and disposition of all production materials and products.
- Audit production material and product suppliers.
- Handle all Quality Control and Compliance inspections, audits, and follow-up communications.
- Conduct product recalls.
- Ensure Food Safety, Quality and Process Control issues are successfully resolved including effective use of Root Cause Analyses and Corrective and Preventative Action tools.
- Work directly with Senior Management to ensure business objectives are met for Internal and External manufacturing with regards to quality, service and costs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Manager of Quality Assurance & Compliance**
- Experience managing to FSMA, FDA, GSFI and USDA regulations
- Leadership experience & ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Good collaboration, oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, PTO, Excellent Profit Sharing – ESOP & 401K/ROTH