Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under direction and general supervision, the QA Analyst will maintain Quality System documentation, records and databases. He/she will also provide quality information on a timely basis for the smooth operation of the plant. Proficient use of software programs such as SAP, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Optiva, Outlook, Share Point and others, will be required to effectively perform job duties. Close interaction with all levels of supervision is required to increase effectiveness.
Assists in the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System (Food Safety, Quality, Formula, BOMs, Kosher Certification, etc.) including policies, procedures and records. Maintain Quality system databases for new products and changes to existing products. This includes maintenance of the following: Production paperwork, MOA list, code sheet, print and apply system, Specification sheets, allergen matrix, and work instructions of quality related job functions. Maintenance of the plant#39;s Hold System including block and unblock finished product, ingredients, or packaging as directed in SAP database, as well as maintenance of the manual Hold process. Assist in investigations of nonconformance s as needed. Maintain and update master list of internal and external controlled documents. Issue document change requests and review returned documents for completion. Complete all non-conformance alerts (QN#39;s) for rejected ingredients and packaging as provided by Operations. Enter NCAs into corporate supplied database for follow-up by Purchasing and vendor. Close completed NCAs as appropriate. Data entry for various programs and systems. Update appropriate Quality System manuals as required, these include SQF, HACCP Manual, Quality manual, and policies for pre-requisite programs. Perform Mock Recalls for ingredients, packaging, or finished product as required and communicates results. Provide training materials and training for Quality related topics and updates training records. Perform light analytical tests and keep work area clean and organized. These tests include yeast testing, pH, moisture, breakage etc. Coordinate product samples requirements for external and internal showings and panels. Support the environmental swab program as directed and issue reports. Assists in the plant#39;s calibration program by conducting test and maintaining records working with Maintenance. Active member of the Internal Auditing Team
- Require open communication and good interpersonal skills with many different functions and levels of the organization to achieve needed inputs and information for completion of assignments. This may include hourly employees for training, Supervisors and Managers for feedback and information on work instructions and reports, corporate personnel for accurate information or clarification of specifications or problems associated with different databases.
- Work well on their own and have ability to complete job assignments in a timely basis. Required changes are sometimes time sensitive.
- May require working on several projects at same time maintaining schedules.
- Understand computer interfacing and must have good working knowledge of different software programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as, speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
- Demonstrate ability reason and to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form
- Interpersonal skills that promote effective communication at all levels.
- Detail oriented with attention to product specifications and quality standards.
- Capable of conducting training for small groups.
- Knowledge of Optiva, SAP, and other software so that information can be effectively utilized.
- Approximately 60% of time will be spent interfacing with a computer, another 20% requires working on the plant floor interfacing with employees, with 20% of work standing or carrying small packages.
- 4 year Bachelor Degree required (preferred Science discipline); or Associate Degree with one year related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills necessary, proficient with Microsoft Office (SharePoint experience is a huge plus)
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic Food Safety programs preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic math and statistics preferred.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law