QA Analyst 1
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a QA Analyst 1 in 228 Wyecroft Rd., Oakville ON L6K 3X7 USA. Your mission will be to:
This is anentry-level position, requiring a general science or food science diploma ordegree.
- Perform basic chemical and physical analyses, and sensory evaluation on food and non-food samples.
- Prepare sample for analysis and analyze according to procedures and methods.
- Evaluate product quality based on organoleptic testing, packaging integrity, labeling and regulatory requirements, and performance and client specifications.
- Be prepared to communicate product issues or concerns with the department supervisor and/or client representative.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities. Included are:
- Ability to add tests to set programming under the supervision of a QA Analyst II or higher.
- Ability to modify sample information.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process. Perform necessary tasks related to quality control parameters for the function being performed.
- Understand Zeta requirements and have general knowledge of type and frequency of data to be entered.
- Familiarity with TQIM.
- Exposure to Canadian, U.S. and International Regulations, Guidelines and Standards.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the management system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed non-conforming system and notifies the supervisor/manager.
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the management system.
- Adhere to all safety policies. Job includes some heavy lifting, up to approximately 50 pounds, so practicing proper lifting techniques is imperative.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace. Perform proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Be able/willing to answer phones and take messages.
- When leaving, ensure that the lights are off, fridge and freezer doors are closed, inner doors to lab are closed and exterior exit doors are closed and locked.
- Knowledge of receiving practices (samples and other).
- Awareness of and adhering to good food safety practices.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Science degree or related, equivalent experience
- The incumbent works in a laboratory setting with proper lighting and temperature control. Occasional exposure to laboratory fumes, chemicals, and materials will occur when in the laboratory. Safety equipment includes eye protection, laboratory coat, and heat resistant gloves for autoclave use. The incumbent uses an autoclave frequently for microbiological analysis.
The incumbent is required to occasionally lift 10-20 pounds of sample. The incumbent can expect extended time spent in a standing position. The incumbent should be able to detect slight variation in shades of colors.
Silliker is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.