Imagine what you can do at Land O#39;Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O#39;Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture#39;s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O#39;Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you#39;ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Purina Feed Warehouse Operator
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
As a Warehouse Operator, you will be a valued team member who will perform tasks essential to our Animal Feed warehouse operations: coordinate inbound/outbound deliveries, pack and load product using a forklift, organize storage areas, assist with cycle counts, and maintain a safe, clean work area. Warehouse Operator is a labor-intensive job which processes work orders in the warehouse by manually selecting the correct products from the racks, palletizing them and delivering the merchandise to the dock secured and shrink wrapped for delivery in a safe and efficient manner.
- All operators will follow all plant and job specific safety rules and procedures to include all appropriate personal protective equipment. Dock locks and glad hands will be used on all trucks. All operators will operate equipment at safe speeds always. Everyone is responsible for his or her own safety and the safety of others.
- The warehouse will be swept clean daily rows will be kept neat and orderly always (no leaning rows) All rows will be swept clean before inventory is placed in row. All shrink wrap and paper will be cleaned and put to trash. Paper bailer will be emptied when needed bales will be stored in a neat and orderly way always.
- Operators will inspect all incoming trucks.
- All inventory will be rotated and put together, so older inventory is used first.
- Orders will be picked in a precise and accurate manor to insure a hi level of customer satisfaction.
- All documentation or P O R will be filled out completely and correctly to include lot numbers
- Operators will help fill micro mix bins and supply ingredients to micro mixer when needed.
- Load bag trucks as needed.
- Work with management with inventory counts and broken or damaged products
- All operators will be responsible to notify supervisor of equipment maintenance of discrepancy immediately.
- Operators will perform forklift pre-shift inspections
- Operators will preform dock inspections daily.
HOURS: 1st shift - 7:00 am -4:00 pm
- High School Diploma or GED.
- No experience necessary. Work history in any field is desired.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willingness to obtain Forklift Certification.
- 18 years or older
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while working with detailed information
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
- Experience working in a warehouse environment (e.g., product storage, product staging, forklifts, etc.)
- Forklift Certification and/or experience driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
- Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
You may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O#39;Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management#39;s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O#39;Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O#39;Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O#39;Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O#39;Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O#39;Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy