Got the right ingredients to be National Food Group’s Support Buyer? Then we’d love to hear from you! This is a great opportunity for career development with an innovative company within the creative and fun food world.
At National Food Group, we’re proud of our fun, collaborative, and progressive culture, and we’re always looking for ways to innovate corporate life to be more fun and convenient for our team members. With an open office layout, work out room, some awesome coffee-espresso machines, themed events like popcorn days and Cinco de Mayo parties, our office has a good balance of work and play. We’re continually expanding as well, having recently built our Innovation Center (where all our cooking magic happens) and an indoor clubhouse/meeting room! Who ever said corporate life couldn’t be fun?
Why do we all do what we do here? To give food a home!
If this position sounds appetizing to you, read on!
Your essential job functions:
- Cut and manage purchase orders, follow up on unconfirmed orders, and manage order status.
- Work with the Logistics team to ensure proper communication of delays, order status, damages, and fees.
- Manage item and vendor set-up, responsible for and obtaining the necessary information.
- Request samples, spec sheets, invoices, credits, certifications, and proper documentation from vendors.
- Communicate to Account Managers of any shorts, delays, price differences, availability, and lead time.
- Assist with special projects
- Stay up to date on industry trends
- Maintain daily communication with core team
- High school education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Purchasing background preferred.
- Great organizational skills, prioritization skills, and a desire to advance in your career.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use basic math operations.
- Ability to quickly solve situational problems.
- Knowledge of basic purchasing and supply chain.
- This is very important to us! You’ll need to have a great personality and be able work well with internal staff.
We love when our team members are happy and healthy! As a full-time employee at National Food Group, you#39;ll have the following benefits and perks:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Group Life & Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Plan
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- PTO & PTO Buy Up
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Work-From-Home For Eligible Positions
*Please also include your salary requirements when applying.
*Employee referral Tier 3.