For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Purchasing Supervisor position in Le Sueur, MN!
The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all efforts are made to acquire goods and services in a timely manner; that the competitive bid process is fair and ethical, that vendors comply with contract terms and that vendor payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to Organization policy.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Lead the activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling and distributing materials, equipment, machinery and supplies.
- Understanding of and compliance with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediate reporting of any potential food safety issues to management.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
T his list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Minimum three (3) years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Business Management preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our presence in Le Sueur, MN, consists of the following locations; Le Sueur Cheese, The Friendly Confines Cheese Shoppe, Le Sueur Ingredients, Le Sueur Protein Research Center, and Le Sueur Business Office. These locations produce various types of cheeses, such as; parmesan, romano, asiago, gouda, muenster, Monterey Jack, and cheddar. They also run various whey streams, such as; whey protein isolate (WPI), whey protein concentrate 34 (WPC 34), whey protein concentrate 80 (WPC 80), and both pharma and food-grade lactose.
Le Sueur, MN, was the original home of the Jolly Green Giant. This small town provides a safe, friendly atmosphere with great neighborhoods and affordable housing while maintaining several large businesses. Le Sueur is on the Minnesota River and The National Minnesota River Valley Scenic Byway passes right by town. You can also visit the Le Sueur Chamber site http://lesueurchamber.org/ for more information on local events.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity