Position Function and Scope Responsible for delivering Del Monte Foods#39; Inc Demand Driven Supply Chain Vision to their customers by developing collaborative supply chain solutions through their own strong understanding of supply chain, including corporate purchasing, production planning, inventory management, warehousing, transportation, project management and continuous improvement practices. They must develop innovative operational solutions that deliver cost saving, service improvements and inventory reductions for both the Modesto Plant and Del Monte. Primary
* Work with Corporate Purchasing to obtain all blanket POs regarding contracts for direct materials and supplies to meet production needs.
* Maintain MRP system to determine direct materials and supplies required for production.
* Purchase and schedule direct supplies and inventories.
* Expedite all ordering of direct materials and supplies (ingredients, packaging materials and material stock) to meet production requirements.
* Generate PO releases and maintain associated functions within SAP.
* Maintain POs in SAP / ECC.
* Work closely with Planning Manager and Production Specialist to assure all direct materials and supplies are available for production.
* Investigate complaints and secure adjustments when necessary on any defective direct materials and supplies. Advise appropriate personnel of any obsolete direct materials and supplies and provide the necessary information to Finance for disposal. Required Skills
* Intermediate to Advanced PC-skills relating to Microsoft Office, Excel, database and word processing programs. SAP experience is a must.
* Working experience of supply ordering and MRP systems.
* Excellent communication skills. Required Education
* Bachelor#39;s degree in Business or related field preferred. Required Experience
* 10 - 15 years related experience, preferably in a Manufacturing environment. Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All resumes need to be submitted through the company website to be considered. www.delmontefoods.com/careers. Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. Also, no agencies or 3rd party vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled