Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Reports To: Senior Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Status: Full time
Division(s): Supply Chain
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Supply Chain Manager, the Purchasing Manager will be responsible in the planning and organization of all purchasing activities of the organization.
Duties of Position (Noted Essential Functions*)
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies which will align with organizational goals in terms of managing the budgeted cost and obtaining the best pricing without compromising quality of goods and services. *
- Continuously monitor and verify internal supply usage and inventory levels to ensure accuracy. *
- Continuously research market trends of supplies and equipment and use findings to make informed decisions. *
- Prepares cost benefit analysis reports, recommends and obtains the alignment with Senior Management Team for an improvement plan. *
- Create RFPs for potential and existing vendors. Review contract and bids submitted by vendors. *
- Identify, develop and manage positive relationships with foreign and domestic suppliers to ensure quality, timely delivery and optimal pricing terms. *
- Perform timely audits to ensure vendors remain competitive and that quality and pricing terms remain in company’s best interests. *
- Competently use X3 ERP software and ensure other members of the Supply Chain Team are well-versed and educated on its use and capabilities. *
- Supervise, train and provide guidance concerning purchasing matters to assigned members of Supply Chain Team. *
- Develop and maintain a database of all vendors. *
- Serve as liaison between internal departments and outside vendors. *
- Immediately address and resolve issues with vendors that may arise. *
- Approve submitted Purchase Orders for goods and services. *
- Maintain purchasing files and records to ensure availability of documentation and compliance. *
- Attend interdepartmental meetings. *
- When needed, attend trade shows and conferences.
- Perform other duties or complete projects and/or tasks requested by Senior Management.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Technical Communication
- Event Scheduling
- Customer Relations
- Project Management
- Learn and proficiently use various software including but not limited to X3 ERP, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Highest Level of Business Ethics
- Critical Thinking and Analysis.
- Proactive, Self-Starter
- Work independently and/or in a team setting
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Contract Review
- Network and foster relationships.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in Food Manufacturing preferred but not required.
- Management level of professional English communication skills, both in verbal and written
Supervises and completes performance reviews for the following employees:
- Senior Purchasing Specialist
Dotted line supervisory responsibility including setting performance standards:
- Purchasing Specialist (Pomona)
- International Purchasing Specialist (Pomona)
This position requires employee to work in office environment, employee will be subject to extended sitting and or standing. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, frequently communicates with phone, email, texting. Also the person must be able to see, read and write. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
Education/Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Proven Work Experience as a Purchasing Manager.
Industry certifications are preferred, but not required.