High Liner Foods is North America#39;s largest marketer of frozen, value-added, seafood products - a family of passionate people and strong brands with a dedicated vision of \u0022Great Tasting Seafood for a Better Life\u0022 for more than 120 years!
We are building a world-class Purchasing function across our organization and manufacturing locations. The Purchasing Organization is a center-led/governed and operating model that enables a shift from a tactical team to one that is much more strategic in nature. The Purchasing Organization structure is organized to create value from leveraging enterprise-wide spend and efficiencies associated with central and shared governance, processes, resources, and infrastructure; as well as continue to have the ability to execute on a regional basis to support the individualized requirements of each of our locations
Category Specialist - Ingredients is responsible to source, purchase, and manage assigned ingredient categories and suppliers for High Liner Foods. Customers are both external, and internal, including Corporate, Production, Sales & Marketing, Quality, and Warehousing.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Business and financial acumen - in addition to proven experience leading supplier negotiations and structuring deals (i.e. pricing, performance management and SLA development), drafting legal agreements, risk mitigation and skilled negotiations
- Proven track record developing and managing successful supplier relationships and internal stakeholders at both working and senior level
- Own category financial targets and identify levers to achieve those targets
- Conduct spend analytics and utilize analytical expertise to deliver a comprehensive strategy to assist the business in delivering measurable cost savings
- Strong cross-functional team management and facilitation skills, with internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams towards desired outcomes
- Coordinate material requirements with Material Planners, Marketing Services, Scheduling, Production, Sales and Marketing to support short and long term forecast.
- Source, evaluate and recommend new suppliers and materials/services that help generate cost savings or reduce usage.
- Maintain data integrity for assigned commodities as defined by company and department guidelines.
- Monitor the service and quality of product received in support of company goals and objectives.
- Lead periodical performance evaluation of assigned suppliers.
- Stay current on market conditions that could affect price or availability of purchased items.
- Work with suppliers to insure the latest order processing procedures and technology are being used.
- University degree in a relevant field of study (commerce, supply chain or engineering)
- 4+ years of exceptional category and procurement experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical, negotiation, and project management skills
- Excellent Excel and spreadsheet analysis
- Proficiency with an ERP system utilizing MRP or other replenishment tool
- Knowledge of Sourcing in Consumer Goods industry is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and requests in an efficient manner and on a timely basis.
- Completion of (or working towards) an SCMP designation, APICS, P.Log or other purchasing designation is an asset.