Reports to: Vice President of Finance
The Purchasing Agent will initiate purchase orders based on business requirements and inventory levels. This job involves staying up to date with the latest market trends, collaborating with suppliers to negotiate prices or contracts, and developing profitable strategies for the company. This position may also be responsible as support for daily administrative tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Conduct and complete any other duties assigned.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- High degree of Integrity and Ethics
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday as well as occasional weekend events. This position can regularly require long hours. Primary office location will be 512 Via de la Valle Solana Beach, CA 92075
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Meat industry or food processing experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.